Has anyone ever used Muntons KreamyX?

A spot to talk general homebrew
Post Reply
Jimmy M
Registered User
Registered User
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:45 pm
Name: Jimmy

Has anyone ever used Muntons KreamyX?

Post by Jimmy M » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:57 pm

Just wondering if anyone has tried Muntons KreamyX beer primer with heading powder?
Does it change the taste of the beer?
Thanks!

Jimmy.

User avatar
GAM
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 5429
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 2:50 pm
Name: Sandy MacNeil
Location: North End HFX

Re: Has anyone ever used Muntons KreamyX?

Post by GAM » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:49 pm

Years ago. I did not think it did anything.

Do you brew all grain? if so you can do more with malts.

Sandy

spears104
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 375
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:58 pm
Name: Jason Spears
Location: Port Hawkesbury, NS

Re: Has anyone ever used Muntons KreamyX?

Post by spears104 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:07 am

Never really liked the thought of adding propylene glycol alginate (gooing agent) to my beer. I used it in my first couple of brews, but it didn't really do anything. Best to go with all malt recipes to really enjoy good head and lacing. This can be as simple as using all malt extract instead of dextrose if you are a beginner brewer.

Cheers!
Primary -
Secondary -
Bottle Conditioning -
Bottled -
On tap:
On the horizon -

Jimmy M
Registered User
Registered User
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:45 pm
Name: Jimmy

Re: Has anyone ever used Muntons KreamyX?

Post by Jimmy M » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:24 pm

Noble grape threw it in my bag the other day for free and I've already added it in.
I put it in a wheat beer festa brew kit.

Most people I speak to say they didn't notice anything at all! So no gain or harm I guess!

Slippery Pete
Registered User
Registered User
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:08 pm

Re: Has anyone ever used Muntons KreamyX?

Post by Slippery Pete » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:10 pm

I used it for an extract Porter. Ended up being way undercarbonated. Would not purchase again.

Post Reply

Return to “General Homebrew Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests