Bruce
Fermentis Yeast
- Araxi
- Verified User

- Posts: 286
- Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:43 pm
- Name: Bruce
- Location: Riverview
Fermentis Yeast
Does anybody know of a supplier that carries the 500g bricks of the Fermentis yeast strains? Thanks in advance.
Bruce
Bruce
- Jimmy
- Site Admin Award Winner

- Posts: 6984
- Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:35 pm
- Location: Halifax, NS
Re: Fermentis Yeast
We can get it...forget which group buy, but I know Liverdance picked up a brick.
- LiverDance
- Award Winner 6

- Posts: 4014
- Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:50 pm
- Name: Brian
- Location: Sprybeeria
Re: Fermentis Yeast
Yip, it was the group by put on by the alenders for hops. I'm also just about out so keep me posted if another one comes upJimmy wrote:We can get it...forget which group buy, but I know Liverdance picked up a brick.
"Twenty years ago — a time, by the way, that hops such as Simcoe and Citra were already being developed, but weren’t about to find immediate popularity — there wasn’t a brewer on earth who would have gone to the annual Hop Growers of American convention and said, “I’m going to have a beer that we make 4,000 barrels of, one time a year. It flies off the shelf at damn near $20 a six-pack, and you know what it smells like? It smells like your cat ate your weed and then pissed in the Christmas tree.” - Bell’s Brewery Director of Operations John Mallet on the scent of their popular Hopslam.
- Jimmy
- Site Admin Award Winner

- Posts: 6984
- Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:35 pm
- Location: Halifax, NS
Re: Fermentis Yeast
To clarify - a brick of yeastJimmy wrote:We can get it...forget which group buy, but I know Liverdance picked up a brick.
- LiverDance
- Award Winner 6

- Posts: 4014
- Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:50 pm
- Name: Brian
- Location: Sprybeeria
Re: Fermentis Yeast
"Twenty years ago — a time, by the way, that hops such as Simcoe and Citra were already being developed, but weren’t about to find immediate popularity — there wasn’t a brewer on earth who would have gone to the annual Hop Growers of American convention and said, “I’m going to have a beer that we make 4,000 barrels of, one time a year. It flies off the shelf at damn near $20 a six-pack, and you know what it smells like? It smells like your cat ate your weed and then pissed in the Christmas tree.” - Bell’s Brewery Director of Operations John Mallet on the scent of their popular Hopslam.
- Araxi
- Verified User

- Posts: 286
- Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:43 pm
- Name: Bruce
- Location: Riverview
Re: Fermentis Yeast
Yep a brick of yeast, thats what I'm looking for. Do you know of a supplier I can contact or is there another group buy coming up?
-
B.A.
- Verified User

- Posts: 62
- Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:08 pm
Re: Fermentis Yeast
http://www.beerandwinefilter.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bob Latimer is one of the most knowledgeable people in the Canadian brewing industry, hands down.
Bob Latimer is one of the most knowledgeable people in the Canadian brewing industry, hands down.
- mr x
- Mod Award Winner

- Posts: 13764
- Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:30 pm
- Location: Halifax/New Glasgow
Re: Fermentis Yeast
Gilbertson and page might sell them.
Sent from my Nexus S
Sent from my Nexus S
At Alexander Keith's we follow the recipes first developed by the great brewmaster to the absolute letter. 
- Araxi
- Verified User

- Posts: 286
- Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:43 pm
- Name: Bruce
- Location: Riverview
Re: Fermentis Yeast
Just found out that these guys sell them http://www.torontobrewing.ca/servlet/StoreFront" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
HPhunter
- Vendor

- Posts: 757
- Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:17 pm
- Location: Annapolis Valley Somerset
Re: Fermentis Yeast
Gilberts and page sell them. That's where my bricks came from.S-05, S-04, S-33 Call them they will ship to your door.
"Home of the Shockerrrrrr!"
- Araxi
- Verified User

- Posts: 286
- Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:43 pm
- Name: Bruce
- Location: Riverview
Re: Fermentis Yeast
Cool thanks for the info.
- Tony L
- Award Winner 10

- Posts: 1848
- Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:04 pm
- Location: Heart's Delight, NL
Re: Fermentis Yeast
That's where I have been getting my yeast for the past couple of years.HPhunter wrote:Gilberts and page sell them. That's where my bricks came from.S-05, S-04, S-33 Call them they will ship to your door.
Fast service. They also carry bricks of W34/70 and S189.
- ryantr0n
- Verified User

- Posts: 122
- Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:27 pm
- Name: Ryan Ritchie
- Location: Dartmouth
Re: Fermentis Yeast
This is great news - My brick of us-05 is down to 1-2 brews left.
May have to start harvesting (us-05 is the only one I don't save/wash as I've had a TON of it haha).
May have to start harvesting (us-05 is the only one I don't save/wash as I've had a TON of it haha).
- canuck
- Award Winner 6

- Posts: 1960
- Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:54 am
- Name: Shane
- Location: Quispamsis, NB
- Contact:
Re: Fermentis Yeast
How much do they charge for a brick?HPhunter wrote:Gilberts and page sell them. That's where my bricks came from.S-05, S-04, S-33 Call them they will ship to your door.
- ryantr0n
- Verified User

- Posts: 122
- Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:27 pm
- Name: Ryan Ritchie
- Location: Dartmouth
Re: Fermentis Yeast
canuck wrote:How much do they charge for a brick?HPhunter wrote:Gilberts and page sell them. That's where my bricks came from.S-05, S-04, S-33 Call them they will ship to your door.
I sent them an email asking for a quote shipped to my door earlier today - I'll let you know when they get back to me.
- canuck
- Award Winner 6

- Posts: 1960
- Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:54 am
- Name: Shane
- Location: Quispamsis, NB
- Contact:
Re: Fermentis Yeast
Thanks Ryan!ryantr0n wrote:canuck wrote:How much do they charge for a brick?HPhunter wrote:Gilberts and page sell them. That's where my bricks came from.S-05, S-04, S-33 Call them they will ship to your door.
I sent them an email asking for a quote shipped to my door earlier today - I'll let you know when they get back to me.
- McGruff
- Registered User

- Posts: 629
- Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:46 am
- Name: Chris Storey
- Location: Cavan, Ontario
Re: Fermentis Yeast
I just paid $47.00 for a brick of US-05 from G&P. I picked it up, but didn't know that they ship.
- Araxi
- Verified User

- Posts: 286
- Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:43 pm
- Name: Bruce
- Location: Riverview
Re: Fermentis Yeast
Yeah they emailed me info that for 2
500g bricks it's 16 bux via fedex, not bad really.
500g bricks it's 16 bux via fedex, not bad really.
- Tony L
- Award Winner 10

- Posts: 1848
- Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:04 pm
- Location: Heart's Delight, NL
Re: Fermentis Yeast
Araxi wrote:Yeah they emailed me info that for 2
500g bricks it's 16 bux via fedex, not bad really.
No not bad at all. I love it, especially when I can't get the yeast locally anyway.
- CorneliusAlphonse
- Award Winner 1

- Posts: 2988
- Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:28 pm
Re: Fermentis Yeast
brwery lane carries us-05. 4.65 per 11g packTony L wrote:Araxi wrote:Yeah they emailed me info that for 2
500g bricks it's 16 bux via fedex, not bad really.
No not bad at all. I love it, especially when I can't get the yeast locally anyway.
planning: beer for my cousin's wedding
Fermenting: black ipa
Conditioning:
Kegged: barrel barleywine from 2014 - i think i still have this somewhere
Fermenting: black ipa
Conditioning:
Kegged: barrel barleywine from 2014 - i think i still have this somewhere
- Tony L
- Award Winner 10

- Posts: 1848
- Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:04 pm
- Location: Heart's Delight, NL
Re: Fermentis Yeast
brwery lane carries us-05. 4.65 per 11g packCorneliusAlphonse wrote:
I can't remember seeing it at the Mt. Pearl location the last time I was there, but in any case they certainly don't have W34/70 or S-189.
And I think what I paid for a brick plus shipping amounts to a lot less than $4.65 for 11g
-
jason.loxton
- Verified User

- Posts: 972
- Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:44 pm
- Name: Jason Loxton
- Location: sydney ns
Re: Fermentis Yeast
OBK has 11 g packs of S-05 on for a buck right now in the Black Friday sale
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest