Page 1 of 1

Fermentis Yeast

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:42 pm
by Araxi
Does anybody know of a supplier that carries the 500g bricks of the Fermentis yeast strains? Thanks in advance.

Bruce :cheers2:

Re: Fermentis Yeast

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:45 pm
by Jimmy
We can get it...forget which group buy, but I know Liverdance picked up a brick.

Re: Fermentis Yeast

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:48 pm
by LiverDance
Jimmy wrote:We can get it...forget which group buy, but I know Liverdance picked up a brick.
Yip, it was the group by put on by the alenders for hops. I'm also just about out so keep me posted if another one comes up :cheers:

Re: Fermentis Yeast

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:50 pm
by Jimmy
Jimmy wrote:We can get it...forget which group buy, but I know Liverdance picked up a brick.
To clarify - a brick of yeast :lol:

Re: Fermentis Yeast

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:53 pm
by LiverDance
:silent:

Re: Fermentis Yeast

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:59 pm
by Araxi
Yep a brick of yeast, thats what I'm looking for. Do you know of a supplier I can contact or is there another group buy coming up?

Re: Fermentis Yeast

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:02 pm
by B.A.
http://www.beerandwinefilter.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bob Latimer is one of the most knowledgeable people in the Canadian brewing industry, hands down.

Re: Fermentis Yeast

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:03 pm
by mr x
Gilbertson and page might sell them.

Sent from my Nexus S

Re: Fermentis Yeast

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:05 pm
by Araxi
Just found out that these guys sell them http://www.torontobrewing.ca/servlet/StoreFront" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Re: Fermentis Yeast

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:32 am
by HPhunter
Gilberts and page sell them. That's where my bricks came from.S-05, S-04, S-33 Call them they will ship to your door.

Re: Fermentis Yeast

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:15 am
by Araxi
Cool thanks for the info.

Re: Fermentis Yeast

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:25 am
by Tony L
HPhunter wrote:Gilberts and page sell them. That's where my bricks came from.S-05, S-04, S-33 Call them they will ship to your door.
That's where I have been getting my yeast for the past couple of years.
Fast service. They also carry bricks of W34/70 and S189.

Re: Fermentis Yeast

Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:47 pm
by ryantr0n
This is great news - My brick of us-05 is down to 1-2 brews left.

May have to start harvesting (us-05 is the only one I don't save/wash as I've had a TON of it haha).

Re: Fermentis Yeast

Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:54 pm
by canuck
HPhunter wrote:Gilberts and page sell them. That's where my bricks came from.S-05, S-04, S-33 Call them they will ship to your door.
How much do they charge for a brick?

Re: Fermentis Yeast

Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:30 pm
by ryantr0n
canuck wrote:
HPhunter wrote:Gilberts and page sell them. That's where my bricks came from.S-05, S-04, S-33 Call them they will ship to your door.
How much do they charge for a brick?

I sent them an email asking for a quote shipped to my door earlier today - I'll let you know when they get back to me.

Re: Fermentis Yeast

Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:40 pm
by canuck
ryantr0n wrote:
canuck wrote:
HPhunter wrote:Gilberts and page sell them. That's where my bricks came from.S-05, S-04, S-33 Call them they will ship to your door.
How much do they charge for a brick?

I sent them an email asking for a quote shipped to my door earlier today - I'll let you know when they get back to me.
Thanks Ryan!

Re: Fermentis Yeast

Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:00 pm
by McGruff
I just paid $47.00 for a brick of US-05 from G&P. I picked it up, but didn't know that they ship.

Re: Fermentis Yeast

Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:02 pm
by Araxi
Yeah they emailed me info that for 2
500g bricks it's 16 bux via fedex, not bad really.

Re: Fermentis Yeast

Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:31 pm
by Tony L
Araxi wrote:Yeah they emailed me info that for 2
500g bricks it's 16 bux via fedex, not bad really.

No not bad at all. I love it, especially when I can't get the yeast locally anyway.

Re: Fermentis Yeast

Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:26 pm
by CorneliusAlphonse
Tony L wrote:
Araxi wrote:Yeah they emailed me info that for 2
500g bricks it's 16 bux via fedex, not bad really.

No not bad at all. I love it, especially when I can't get the yeast locally anyway.
brwery lane carries us-05. 4.65 per 11g pack ;)

Re: Fermentis Yeast

Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:25 am
by Tony L
CorneliusAlphonse wrote:
brwery lane carries us-05. 4.65 per 11g pack ;)[/quote]

I can't remember seeing it at the Mt. Pearl location the last time I was there, but in any case they certainly don't have W34/70 or S-189.
And I think what I paid for a brick plus shipping amounts to a lot less than $4.65 for 11g :lol:

Re: Fermentis Yeast

Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:10 am
by jason.loxton
OBK has 11 g packs of S-05 on for a buck right now in the Black Friday sale