Pale Chocolate Malt

A spot to talk general homebrew
LiverDance
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Name: Brian

Pale Chocolate Malt

Post by LiverDance » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:11 pm

Anyone know where I can find some of this stuff?
"Twenty years ago — a time, by the way, that hops such as Simcoe and Citra were already being developed, but weren’t about to find immediate popularity — there wasn’t a brewer on earth who would have gone to the annual Hop Growers of American convention and said, “I’m going to have a beer that we make 4,000 barrels of, one time a year. It flies off the shelf at damn near $20 a six-pack, and you know what it smells like? It smells like your cat ate your weed and then pissed in the Christmas tree.” - Bell’s Brewery Director of Operations John Mallet on the scent of their popular Hopslam.

mr x
Mod Award Winner
Mod Award Winner

Re: Pale Chocolate Malt

Post by mr x » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:44 pm

Yes, I have some. How much do you need?
At Alexander Keith's we follow the recipes first developed by the great brewmaster to the absolute letter. :wtf:

LiverDance
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6

Post by LiverDance » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:52 pm

I need 530 grams but I'm in no hurry for it. I was thinking of doing a black sheep riggwelter clone. The 1469 yeast is a vss that has yet to be ordered so that'll take about 3 weeks. Do you just order it online?
"Twenty years ago — a time, by the way, that hops such as Simcoe and Citra were already being developed, but weren’t about to find immediate popularity — there wasn’t a brewer on earth who would have gone to the annual Hop Growers of American convention and said, “I’m going to have a beer that we make 4,000 barrels of, one time a year. It flies off the shelf at damn near $20 a six-pack, and you know what it smells like? It smells like your cat ate your weed and then pissed in the Christmas tree.” - Bell’s Brewery Director of Operations John Mallet on the scent of their popular Hopslam.

mr x
Mod Award Winner
Mod Award Winner

Post by mr x » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:02 pm

I had gotten a shipment from Morebeer in the states last year (but next order I'm looking harder for a Canadian). I'm pretty sure I have that much to spare. You can get it early next week, or at Hoptoberfest if you are going.
At Alexander Keith's we follow the recipes first developed by the great brewmaster to the absolute letter. :wtf:

LiverDance
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6

Post by LiverDance » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:06 pm

Sounds good. I'm not sure i'm going to make it to hoptoberfest now, I think I'll be in Cape Breton that weekend. I'm still going to give Chris my jockey box and whatever else he wants to take for it though. If I don't get the malt early next week then I'll get Chris to grab it at the party.

LiverDance
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6

Post by LiverDance » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:06 pm

Oh, and let me know when your going to order more i'll definatly want in on that.

mr x
Mod Award Winner
Mod Award Winner

Post by mr x » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:08 pm

Yeah, for sure next order will be a combine.

Return to “General Homebrew Discussion”