Just wondering once beer is bottled and carbonation is finished is it ok to store at like 18c for a month or so? Or should it be in the fridge?
I'm asking because I'm running out of fridge space and
Don't really have a nice cool spot that will stay at a constant temp.
Ok to keep beer at room temp for awhile?
-
Jimmy M
- Registered User

- Posts: 43
- Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:45 pm
- Name: Jimmy
- berley
- Award Winner 5

- Posts: 386
- Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:04 am
- Name: Shawn
- Location: Fredericton
- Contact:
Re: Ok to keep beer at room temp for awhile?
I'm sure it'll be fine, but if you want to get into specifics, it'll depend more on what type of beer it is.
Ideally, of course, every beer would be stored at cellar temps (~50 F), but that's just not realistic for most of us.
Ideally, of course, every beer would be stored at cellar temps (~50 F), but that's just not realistic for most of us.
Co-author of the Atlantic Canada Beer Blog
http://meekbrewingco.blogspot.ca
http://meekbrewingco.blogspot.ca
- Araxi
- Verified User

- Posts: 286
- Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:43 pm
- Name: Bruce
- Location: Riverview
Re: Ok to keep beer at room temp for awhile?
I would agree with berley, I've done it before back when I bottled and my beer was fine.
- Jayme
- Award Winner 2

- Posts: 2733
- Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:27 pm
- Name: Jayme
- Location: Halifax
Re: Ok to keep beer at room temp for awhile?
In theory, if you have a bottle that contains 0ppm of oxygen, the beer should be as fresh as the day it was bottled indefinitely. Of course that's impossible (unless if you bottled in a total vacuum perhaps?). Given that it sounds as though you bottle conditioned though, the yeast would have taken up most of the oxygen that would be in the bottle, so you're probably good to leave it at room temp for a few months without any serious side effects. I have a Belgian Dubel we bottle conditioned and have left at room temp for about 3 years now and it's still a drinkable beer.
Bottom line is, I wouldn't worry about it all that much. Perhaps if you have a choice though, save the fridge space for beers that are a little more sensitive to oxidation in the fridge and leave the ones that are less sensitive at room temp.
Bottom line is, I wouldn't worry about it all that much. Perhaps if you have a choice though, save the fridge space for beers that are a little more sensitive to oxidation in the fridge and leave the ones that are less sensitive at room temp.
Certified BJCP Beer Judge
---------------------------------------
Delta Force Brewery - (chuck norris approved)
---------------------------------------
Delta Force Brewery - (chuck norris approved)
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest