CO2 Tank

A spot to talk general homebrew
Post Reply
HopGrower

CO2 Tank

Post by HopGrower » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:54 am

4 corney kegs would require what size CO2 tank?

User avatar
Jimmy
Site Admin Award Winner
Site Admin Award Winner
Posts: 6984
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:35 pm
Location: Halifax, NS

Re: CO2 Tank

Post by Jimmy » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:57 am

You can use any size you want, it's just a matter of how long it will last. I'd go with a 10lb one or larger.

User avatar
RubberToe
Award Winner 13
Award Winner 13
Posts: 3745
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:47 am
Name: Rob
Location: Dartmouth
Contact:

Re: CO2 Tank

Post by RubberToe » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:57 am

I have 8 on a 5lb tank right now and it's no big deal but may be if I carbed them all at the same time. However at the rate I'm putting on new kegs I'm not going through my CO2 at a bad rate. With a 5lb tank if I have a leak and lose a bunch of gas it's not a big deal.

Sent from the brew timer.
Electric Brewery Build
On tap at RubberToe's:
Sometimes on a Sunday Belgian Dubbel, Oaked Old Ale, Ordinary Bitter

User avatar
GillettBreweryCnslt
Vendor
Vendor
Posts: 1935
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:24 am
Name: David Gillett
Location: Hammonds Plains
Contact:

Re: CO2 Tank

Post by GillettBreweryCnslt » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:33 am

I typically get 11-12 kegs out of a 5 lb tank. I keep two of them just so when one runs out I'm not scrambling for CO2.

Post Reply

Return to “General Homebrew Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests