I picked up a vital of this in my last OBK order. Does anyone have any experience with it or recipes using it that I could test out?
Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2
Cry Havoc Yeast
- jtmwhyte
- Verified User

- Posts: 1934
- Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:21 pm
- Name: Trevor Whyte
Cry Havoc Yeast
Nova Prime Taproom
Tap 1: Festa Brew Scotch Ale
Tap 2:
"Fill with mingled cream and amber,
I will drain that glass again.
Such hilarious visions clamber
Through the chamber of my brain -
Quaintest thoughts - queerist fancies
Come to life and fade away;
What care I how time advances?
I am drinking ale today." ~ Poe
Tap 1: Festa Brew Scotch Ale
Tap 2:
"Fill with mingled cream and amber,
I will drain that glass again.
Such hilarious visions clamber
Through the chamber of my brain -
Quaintest thoughts - queerist fancies
Come to life and fade away;
What care I how time advances?
I am drinking ale today." ~ Poe
-
spears104
- Verified User

- Posts: 375
- Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:58 pm
- Name: Jason Spears
- Location: Port Hawkesbury, NS
Re: Cry Havoc Yeast
I read somewhere that all of the recipes in "The Complete Joy of Homebrewing" use this yeast.
Primary -
Secondary -
Bottle Conditioning -
Bottled -
On tap:
On the horizon -
Secondary -
Bottle Conditioning -
Bottled -
On tap:
On the horizon -
- akr71
- Award Winner 4

- Posts: 2644
- Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:18 pm
- Name: Andy
- Location: Amherst, NS
Re: Cry Havoc Yeast
I used it in my latest IPA (viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4021" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;), but like spears said, feel free to use it in whatever you want. I'd probably stick to American styles though. IMO the reason to use it is its temperature tolerance --> lagers or ales, or you don't want to maintain a large yeast bank.
Andy
"Now son, you don't want to drink beer. That's for Daddies, and kids with fake IDs." - Homer J. Simpson
"Now son, you don't want to drink beer. That's for Daddies, and kids with fake IDs." - Homer J. Simpson
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests