I'm you're man. I'll warm up the lab.
"It's not about the beer. It's about the beer." - Don Younger

LiverDance
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Name: Brian

Re: Keggle False Bottom

Post by LiverDance » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:09 am

Does this screen stop both pellet and whole hops effectivley? Lots of hops? :twisted:
"Twenty years ago — a time, by the way, that hops such as Simcoe and Citra were already being developed, but weren’t about to find immediate popularity — there wasn’t a brewer on earth who would have gone to the annual Hop Growers of American convention and said, “I’m going to have a beer that we make 4,000 barrels of, one time a year. It flies off the shelf at damn near $20 a six-pack, and you know what it smells like? It smells like your cat ate your weed and then pissed in the Christmas tree.” - Bell’s Brewery Director of Operations John Mallet on the scent of their popular Hopslam.

mr x
Mod Award Winner
Mod Award Winner

Post by mr x » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:29 pm

As with anything, it depends on your system. The screen does stop both types of hops, but will plug with break material and pellet hops if you are using a pump and recircing.
At Alexander Keith's we follow the recipes first developed by the great brewmaster to the absolute letter. :wtf:

Jimmy
Site Admin Award Winner
Site Admin Award Winner

Post by Jimmy » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:46 pm

Jaybird on homebrewtalk.com seems to have a good reputation for his custom false bottoms and it looks like he just came out with his own version of a hop stopper. I will be interested to see some reviews from people starting to use this.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f41/jaybird ... dex33.html
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “General Homebrew Discussion”