Valley Cider

A spot to talk general homebrew
Post Reply
User avatar
RemyAroundTown
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:26 pm
Name: Jeremy Gallant
Location: Dartmouth, NS

Valley Cider

Post by RemyAroundTown » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:38 am

Placed an order for a 23L pale of apple juice from Noble Grape last week. Has anyone done a cider from juice in previous years? I believe it's a blend from Tideview.

HappyHopper
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:56 pm
Name: Jonathan - Sober Island Brewing Company
Location: Halifax

Re: Valley Cider

Post by HappyHopper » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:29 pm

Hey rem... Well I'm not a huge cider fan but since I work at Ng I've tried it and I dislike it just as much as other ciders so that's a good sign or cider lovers.. Many of the people who order it order multiple
Batches their second year ... Another good sign!
In bottle:Up the Kriek without a mash paddle, (insert Witty name)pumpkin lambic

On Tap:

Fermenting/Conditioning:

Future Projects:Chimney Sweepers Wife dark peated Scottish Heavy, Ginger bread brown, Home for the holidays spiced rum Brown Ale, Black Eye RyePA, Black Ryno Swartzbeir

Beer Laid To Rest (brewed it, drank it, loved it)Malt-n-lava AIPA, Single hop Citra pale ale, Belgian Blond, deforestation Ale Spruce Rye IPA,

chalmers
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5604
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:17 pm
Name: Chris
Location: Halifax / On The Road Again
Contact:

Re: Valley Cider

Post by chalmers » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:11 am

I did it last year, and several others have done it one here multiple years. Dead simple, and makes nice cider. Choice of yeast and conditions can lead to some interesting results, if you're so inclined (sour cider?).

Npearo
Registered User
Registered User
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:27 pm

Re: Valley Cider

Post by Npearo » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:32 pm

Hey remy! Just wondering how your cider turned out? Mine is about ready to bottle and just wondering what to expect. Thanks:)

RossBee
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 551
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:36 pm
Name: Steffen Rosswog
Location: Baie Verte, NB

Re: Valley Cider

Post by RossBee » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:00 pm

RemyAroundTown wrote:Placed an order for a 23L pale of apple juice from Noble Grape last week. Has anyone done a cider from juice in previous years? I believe it's a blend from Tideview.
Just out of curiosity, what did you pay for 23 litres?
Why brew beer I can buy?

User avatar
spickup
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 180
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:03 pm

Re: Valley Cider

Post by spickup » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:54 pm

Any tips on best places to grab some valley juice around Halifax? Might be a bit late in the season..

Npearo
Registered User
Registered User
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:27 pm

Re: Valley Cider

Post by Npearo » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:54 pm

RossBee wrote:
RemyAroundTown wrote:Placed an order for a 23L pale of apple juice from Noble Grape last week. Has anyone done a cider from juice in previous years? I believe it's a blend from Tideview.
Just out of curiosity, what did you pay for 23 litres?

The price was $69.99 for the 23L

Post Reply

Return to “General Homebrew Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest