Page 1 of 1

Dawn Soap Buckets

Posted: Thu May 05, 2011 6:11 pm
by Garak
Anyone know of any reason not to use dawn soap buckets for storing malt?

I think its hand soap but I'll check tomorrow to see exactly what kind it is. Worst case I'll just line the bucket with a bag.

We are cleaning out the basement at the Discovery Centre to free up some storage space and the stack of buckets is free for the taking.

I think there is 10 or 15 buckets, I'll split them with anyone who can pick them up tomorrow afternoon and bring my 1/2 to the NCM pickup on Saturday morning.

--
Garak

Re: Dawn Soap Buckets

Posted: Fri May 06, 2011 5:19 pm
by moxie
The only thing I would really worry about is whether or not you can get rid of the soapy smell somehow. I would make damn sure it hasn't absorbed any kind of fragrance before dumping in my malt! Do they seal? Good luck!

Re: Dawn Soap Buckets

Posted: Fri May 06, 2011 6:52 pm
by benwedge
How big are these buckets? If they're not good for grain, and you have extras, I'm collecting buckets for my garden and would appreciate any spare ones that you may have.