Video/Podcast Library

A spot to talk general homebrew
Post Reply
User avatar
GuingesRock
Award Winner 20+
Award Winner 20+
Posts: 5190
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:26 pm
Name: Mark
Location: Wolfville, NS

Video/Podcast Library

Post by GuingesRock » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:37 pm





-Mark
2nd place, Canadian Brewer of the Year, 2015
101 awards won for beers designed and brewed.
Cicerone Program - Certified Beer Server

User avatar
GuingesRock
Award Winner 20+
Award Winner 20+
Posts: 5190
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:26 pm
Name: Mark
Location: Wolfville, NS

Re: Video/Podcast Library

Post by GuingesRock » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:26 pm

Good one on Diacetyl: http://beersmith.com/blog/2012/01/29/di ... odcast-31/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-Mark
2nd place, Canadian Brewer of the Year, 2015
101 awards won for beers designed and brewed.
Cicerone Program - Certified Beer Server

User avatar
Celiacbrew
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 849
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:08 pm
Name: Mike E.
Location: Dartmouth

Re: Video/Podcast Library

Post by Celiacbrew » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:40 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdfySDN2mF0#t=3484" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is the brewer from The Alchemist. Most of it is talking about his story but the Q&A toward the end is insightful. He talks about what to do to maximize the quality of your beer. Covers dry hopping and grassy/chlorophyll flavours, mashing and phenols and lots more.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Mike E.

User avatar
Celiacbrew
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 849
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:08 pm
Name: Mike E.
Location: Dartmouth

Re: Video/Podcast Library

Post by Celiacbrew » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:46 pm

http://traffic.libsyn.com/beersmith/BSH ... Grains.mp3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This is Randy Mosher (radical brewing) talking to the Beersmith guy. He covers what grains contribute what to the beer. Very helpful for beginners like me. Especially for people like me who can't just pop a piece of grain into their mouth. Looking forward to reading his new book covering malts.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Mike E.

User avatar
GuingesRock
Award Winner 20+
Award Winner 20+
Posts: 5190
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:26 pm
Name: Mark
Location: Wolfville, NS

Re: Video/Podcast Library

Post by GuingesRock » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:49 pm

I saw the Heady Topper one before. It's a good one.

Flavour stability. I like this guy Charlie Bamforth: http://beersmith.com/blog/2014/01/31/fl ... odcast-74/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-Mark
2nd place, Canadian Brewer of the Year, 2015
101 awards won for beers designed and brewed.
Cicerone Program - Certified Beer Server

User avatar
Broob
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 625
Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 11:48 pm
Name: Steve M
Location: Dartmouth, NS

Re: Video/Podcast Library

Post by Broob » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:54 pm

I've been listening to a lot of brewing with style podcasts lately. Only problem is I want to make every style I hear about now. My to brew list is already too long.
Red Five Brewery
Anchorhead Steam
Boba Fest
Carbonate ChAmber Ale
Chewbocka
Darklighter Stout
Episode V - ESB
Hoth 45
Ryewalker IPA

User avatar
GuingesRock
Award Winner 20+
Award Winner 20+
Posts: 5190
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:26 pm
Name: Mark
Location: Wolfville, NS

Re: Video/Podcast Library

Post by GuingesRock » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:30 pm

Broob wrote:I've been listening to a lot of brewing with style podcasts lately. Only problem is I want to make every style I hear about now. My to brew list is already too long.
I've made 5 new styles (new to me) so far this year and have another 2 to do in the next couple of weeks. I say go for it. :cheers2:

ps. Read up on and designed an Irish Red this morning. I can't wait to get on it. It's exciting. I might be in the same boat.
-Mark
2nd place, Canadian Brewer of the Year, 2015
101 awards won for beers designed and brewed.
Cicerone Program - Certified Beer Server

Post Reply

Return to “General Homebrew Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests