St. John's Water Profile
-
GasMD30
- Verified User

- Posts: 401
- Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:13 pm
- Name: Josh
St. John's Water Profile
Everyday I see the HRM water profiles sticky and I feel left out, so here is the Newfoundlander (Townie) version.
Calcium 9 ppm
Sulphate 4 ppm
Magnesium 0 ppm
Chloride 22 ppm
Sodium 14 ppm
Alkalinity 18 ppm
Bicarbonate 22 ppm
pH 6.8
Hardness 22 ppm
Fluoride 0 ppm
If you're not a towns you can look up your area here... http://maps.gov.nl.ca/water/#PublicWater" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Happy Brewing!
Calcium 9 ppm
Sulphate 4 ppm
Magnesium 0 ppm
Chloride 22 ppm
Sodium 14 ppm
Alkalinity 18 ppm
Bicarbonate 22 ppm
pH 6.8
Hardness 22 ppm
Fluoride 0 ppm
If you're not a towns you can look up your area here... http://maps.gov.nl.ca/water/#PublicWater" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Happy Brewing!
Tuckamore, Vancouver, BC
Primary:
Bottled:
In the Fridge: Hawaiian IPA
Next Up:
In the Bank: Honey Blonde Bombshell, Hawaiian IPA, Mild Ale
Researching: Hard Cider
Primary:
Bottled:
In the Fridge: Hawaiian IPA
Next Up:
In the Bank: Honey Blonde Bombshell, Hawaiian IPA, Mild Ale
Researching: Hard Cider
- GuingesRock
- Award Winner 20+

- Posts: 5190
- Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:26 pm
- Name: Mark
- Location: Wolfville, NS
Re: St. John's Water Profile
That's very interesting. Do you modify it at all?
-Mark
2nd place, Canadian Brewer of the Year, 2015
101 awards won for beers designed and brewed.
Cicerone Program - Certified Beer Server
2nd place, Canadian Brewer of the Year, 2015
101 awards won for beers designed and brewed.
Cicerone Program - Certified Beer Server
-
GasMD30
- Verified User

- Posts: 401
- Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:13 pm
- Name: Josh
Re: St. John's Water Profile
Nope I believe, at this point, that the water profile adds to the uniqueness of the beer, making it your own.
Tuckamore, Vancouver, BC
Primary:
Bottled:
In the Fridge: Hawaiian IPA
Next Up:
In the Bank: Honey Blonde Bombshell, Hawaiian IPA, Mild Ale
Researching: Hard Cider
Primary:
Bottled:
In the Fridge: Hawaiian IPA
Next Up:
In the Bank: Honey Blonde Bombshell, Hawaiian IPA, Mild Ale
Researching: Hard Cider
- Tony L
- Award Winner 10

- Posts: 1848
- Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:04 pm
- Location: Heart's Delight, NL
Re: St. John's Water Profile
I use Mt. Pearl water
which has a very close similarity to St. John's water.
-
GasMD30
- Verified User

- Posts: 401
- Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:13 pm
- Name: Josh
Re: St. John's Water Profile
I'm not a true townie, but in the two years I've been here I've learned that Mt. Pearl is not St. John's haha
Tuckamore, Vancouver, BC
Primary:
Bottled:
In the Fridge: Hawaiian IPA
Next Up:
In the Bank: Honey Blonde Bombshell, Hawaiian IPA, Mild Ale
Researching: Hard Cider
Primary:
Bottled:
In the Fridge: Hawaiian IPA
Next Up:
In the Bank: Honey Blonde Bombshell, Hawaiian IPA, Mild Ale
Researching: Hard Cider
- mcgster
- Award Winner 20+

- Posts: 1098
- Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:34 pm
- Name: Mark McGraw
- Location: Saint John / St. John's
Re: St. John's Water Profile
Just found this link, huge help thank you!
I asked at the local brewery store if they knew what the water profile was and no one did.
Thanks again
I asked at the local brewery store if they knew what the water profile was and no one did.
Thanks again
-
GasMD30
- Verified User

- Posts: 401
- Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:13 pm
- Name: Josh
Re: St. John's Water Profile
Which one do/did you go to?
Tuckamore, Vancouver, BC
Primary:
Bottled:
In the Fridge: Hawaiian IPA
Next Up:
In the Bank: Honey Blonde Bombshell, Hawaiian IPA, Mild Ale
Researching: Hard Cider
Primary:
Bottled:
In the Fridge: Hawaiian IPA
Next Up:
In the Bank: Honey Blonde Bombshell, Hawaiian IPA, Mild Ale
Researching: Hard Cider
- mcgster
- Award Winner 20+

- Posts: 1098
- Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:34 pm
- Name: Mark McGraw
- Location: Saint John / St. John's
Re: St. John's Water Profile
Brewery lane out on Torbay rd (i think)
-
GasMD30
- Verified User

- Posts: 401
- Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:13 pm
- Name: Josh
Re: St. John's Water Profile
I go there too, haven't been to the brew store on Topsail yet.
http://www.brewcraft.com/shop/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.brewcraft.com/shop/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tuckamore, Vancouver, BC
Primary:
Bottled:
In the Fridge: Hawaiian IPA
Next Up:
In the Bank: Honey Blonde Bombshell, Hawaiian IPA, Mild Ale
Researching: Hard Cider
Primary:
Bottled:
In the Fridge: Hawaiian IPA
Next Up:
In the Bank: Honey Blonde Bombshell, Hawaiian IPA, Mild Ale
Researching: Hard Cider
- mcgster
- Award Winner 20+

- Posts: 1098
- Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:34 pm
- Name: Mark McGraw
- Location: Saint John / St. John's
Re: St. John's Water Profile
Interesting. The topsail road one is a lot closer I may check it out. I was pretty happy with brewery lane for my needs. I just boiled some tap water for 15 mins and I could still smell chlorine so I'm heading there now to get some Ro water. I miss having a unit in my house
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
GasMD30
- Verified User

- Posts: 401
- Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:13 pm
- Name: Josh
Re: St. John's Water Profile
Hmmmmmm, maybe I need to boil my water longer too!
Tuckamore, Vancouver, BC
Primary:
Bottled:
In the Fridge: Hawaiian IPA
Next Up:
In the Bank: Honey Blonde Bombshell, Hawaiian IPA, Mild Ale
Researching: Hard Cider
Primary:
Bottled:
In the Fridge: Hawaiian IPA
Next Up:
In the Bank: Honey Blonde Bombshell, Hawaiian IPA, Mild Ale
Researching: Hard Cider
- mcgster
- Award Winner 20+

- Posts: 1098
- Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:34 pm
- Name: Mark McGraw
- Location: Saint John / St. John's
Re: St. John's Water Profile
The dip strips for chlorine work pretty well but i didn't have any here!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests