Vancouver breweries pubs and beer
- mcgster
- Award Winner 20+

- Posts: 1098
- Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:34 pm
- Name: Mark McGraw
- Location: Saint John / St. John's
Vancouver breweries pubs and beer
I'm in Vancouver for the week. Any suggestions on must hit spots. I ended up at the yaletown brewpub last night it was ok. Nothing spectacular but decent beer.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
- jeffsmith
- Verified User

- Posts: 4922
- Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:18 pm
- Name: Jeff Smith
- Location: Amherst, NS
- Contact:
Re: Vancouver breweries pubs and beer
Your best bet is to head to the Alibi Room and spend as much time as you can there. 
-
gm-
- Verified User

- Posts: 1145
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:25 pm
- Name: Jon S
- Location: Reykjavik, Iceland
Re: Vancouver breweries pubs and beer
Yup, the alibi room is awesome, best beerwise for sure.
I also liked Six Acres and The Cascade when I was there.
http://sixacres.ca/drink/beer/
http://www.thecascade.ca/images/pdfs/cascade_beer.pdf
I also liked Six Acres and The Cascade when I was there.
http://sixacres.ca/drink/beer/
http://www.thecascade.ca/images/pdfs/cascade_beer.pdf
Fermenting: Oud bruin/Vienna Pekko SMaSH
On tap: Nelson dry hopped Berliner/ Scottish Heavy 70-/ NE IPA
- mcgster
- Award Winner 20+

- Posts: 1098
- Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:34 pm
- Name: Mark McGraw
- Location: Saint John / St. John's
Re: Vancouver breweries pubs and beer
Google maps has informed me that the alibi room is 7 minutes away from my course... I can't wait to try it. I have a week so I'll be checking out at least one of the other two as well! Thanks guys.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
gm-
- Verified User

- Posts: 1145
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:25 pm
- Name: Jon S
- Location: Reykjavik, Iceland
Re: Vancouver breweries pubs and beer
Good stuff, it is a very busy spot, and full of hipsters, but the beer list is normally awesome.
Fermenting: Oud bruin/Vienna Pekko SMaSH
On tap: Nelson dry hopped Berliner/ Scottish Heavy 70-/ NE IPA
- pet lion
- Verified User

- Posts: 751
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:42 pm
- Name: Peter
- Location: Halifax peninsula
Re: Vancouver breweries pubs and beer
Check out Brassneck. My younger brother works there.
Sent from my pocket computer phone using some software.
Sent from my pocket computer phone using some software.
https://www.facebook.com/tidehousebrewingcompany" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
- mcgster
- Award Winner 20+

- Posts: 1098
- Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:34 pm
- Name: Mark McGraw
- Location: Saint John / St. John's
Re: Vancouver breweries pubs and beer
Haha thanks for the heads up. I have noticed that hipsters are the norm out here... I may need to invest in a long board to fit in.gm- wrote:Good stuff, it is a very busy spot, and full of hipsters, but the beer list is normally awesome.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
- mcgster
- Award Winner 20+

- Posts: 1098
- Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:34 pm
- Name: Mark McGraw
- Location: Saint John / St. John's
Re: Vancouver breweries pubs and beer
Found a good source of bottles.... Now to find another suitcase to fly them home in.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- mcgster
- Award Winner 20+

- Posts: 1098
- Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:34 pm
- Name: Mark McGraw
- Location: Saint John / St. John's
Re: Vancouver breweries pubs and beer
Last night here I tracked down the alibi room. It was a thirty minute trek well worth it.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest