Page 1 of 1

Adding frozen juice concentrate to my cream ale?

Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:14 pm
by TimG
Thinking about adding just a can (or two) of that frozen juice concentrate to a cream ale, directly in the keg. Can I do this and just use it as a priming sugar?

I don't 'really' care that it isn't the proper way to make a fruit beer, not natural, blah blah.. :lol: I just want a simple/easy way of making the second keg of the cream ale a little different than the first.

Thoughts? Do you think cold crashing the bucket before will make a difference (maybe won't ferment out as much cause the yeast will have dropped out?).

Thanks guys, never done a "fruit" (quotation marks) addition before.

Tim

Re: Adding frozen juice concentrate to my cream ale?

Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:37 pm
by GAM
I think I would try 2l in a pop bottle as a trial.

Sandy

Re: Adding frozen juice concentrate to my cream ale?

Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:44 pm
by CorneliusAlphonse
I say sure, why not!

Re: Adding frozen juice concentrate to my cream ale?

Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:05 pm
by mr x
I've done it, but the juice wasn't concentrate. Try to calculate the sugar content off the label.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Re: Adding frozen juice concentrate to my cream ale?

Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:02 am
by ANGELofDEBT
I've done it in the past with a Festa Brew kit. I had added about half a can. The flavour was detectable but not strong. I would say a full can would work but 2 would be too much.

Re: Adding frozen juice concentrate to my cream ale?

Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:16 am
by TimG
mr x wrote:Try to calculate the sugar content off the label.
Yup, I've thought about this.. half assumed the sugar in a can or two wouldn't be enough, but might end up being 'too' much (and therefore causing me to have over-carbed beer..).

Tim