Page 1 of 1
Labels
Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:21 pm
by Mac
Has anyone ever tried vinyl tape to make labels, like this:
http://www.staples.ca/en/Vinyl-Tape-2-x ... CA_1_20001
I can't find it in a store around here anywhere and staples has crazy shipping unless you order enough for free shipping.
Re: Labels
Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:33 pm
by bluenose
If you're going to go fancy, why not just use masking tape?
Re: Labels
Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:51 pm
by Mac
masking tape would turn to crap when it got wet, would it not?
Re: Labels
Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:16 pm
by RossBee
Have you tried commercial label makers, Access Labels in Amherst comes to mind, we get our labels from them for the winery. They may have roll run outs, end of rolls, odd sizes, etc..
Just a thought.
Re: Labels
Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:24 pm
by bluenose
Mac wrote:masking tape would turn to crap when it got wet, would it not?
I think you could keep it dry if you apply it after you're done bottling
I usually just label the whole box or use a sharpie on the cap. That way I don't have to clean off a label when I'm done... for the Decembeer exchange, I think I used some small labels I got from staples, like 50 per page or something like that
Re: Labels
Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:38 pm
by Mac
bluenose wrote:Mac wrote:masking tape would turn to crap when it got wet, would it not?
I think you could keep it dry if you apply it after you're done bottling
I usually just label the whole box or use a sharpie on the cap. That way I don't have to clean off a label when I'm done... for the Decembeer exchange, I think I used some small labels I got from staples, like 50 per page or something like that
the point of using the vinyl tape would be that i could write on it in sharpie then clean it off with rubbing alcohol after and reuse it for the next batch.
Re: Labels
Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:44 pm
by bluenose
Whatever twirls your beanie darling
Re: Labels
Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:01 pm
by evanisnor
I've made labels using normal printing paper. Use a bbq brush to spread a (very) thin layer of milk on the back and stick it on. It won't stink and the label comes off easily with warm water. Cheap and easy.
Re: Labels
Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:02 pm
by jeffsmith
evanisnor wrote:I've made labels using normal printing paper. Use a bbq brush to spread a (very) thin layer of milk on the back and stick it on. It won't stink and the label comes off easily with warm water. Cheap and easy.

Re: Labels
Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:56 pm
by amartin
I just label the caps, like bluenose. Or, number, rather, since there isn't enough room to write, and anyway, who wants to write a whole word that many times?
If I'm feeling ambitious I might try making paper labels for the next beer exchange, but as of yet I haven't even decided on a beer.
Re: Labels
Posted: Tue May 12, 2015 1:07 pm
by Mac
amartin wrote:I just label the caps, like bluenose. Or, number, rather, since there isn't enough room to write, and anyway, who wants to write a whole word that many times?
If I'm feeling ambitious I might try making paper labels for the next beer exchange, but as of yet I haven't even decided on a beer.
so far i have just been labeling the caps with a sharpie as well. it works fine, but you can't fit much info on it.
Re: Labels
Posted: Tue May 12, 2015 7:52 pm
by mstead
Labeling the caps is all I've ever done.