Bringing grains to Truro
-
Bowserm
- Verified User

- Posts: 246
- Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:13 pm
- Name: Mark Bowser
- Location: Truro
Bringing grains to Truro
Hi guys/girls,
I live in Truro and if I want to get any grains, I need to drive to Halifax or order online.
I was looking into possibly getting a grain shop going in Truro, but I would need to know what kind of numbers of brewers in the Truro area (Possibly Amherst to New Glasgow as well). I need to know not only the numbers of all-grain brewers in the area, but how many batches you would normally brew in a normal year.
Any insight you can give me is great. I know there are already a couple places in Truro who do kits, but they are not interested in all-grain.
Mark
I live in Truro and if I want to get any grains, I need to drive to Halifax or order online.
I was looking into possibly getting a grain shop going in Truro, but I would need to know what kind of numbers of brewers in the Truro area (Possibly Amherst to New Glasgow as well). I need to know not only the numbers of all-grain brewers in the area, but how many batches you would normally brew in a normal year.
Any insight you can give me is great. I know there are already a couple places in Truro who do kits, but they are not interested in all-grain.
Mark
-
Hub Brewer
- Award Winner 1

- Posts: 319
- Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 10:54 pm
- Name: Pete
- Location: Truro, NS
Re: Bringing grains to Truro
There's probably a dozen all grain brewers just in truro, maybe more. Can't speak for all of them obviously, but Dave at everwood has been pretty good to us. I'd have a hard time jumping from his ship, even if it was closer to home. I brew fairly regularly, 10 gallon batches. All my base grain comes from group buys or directly from Dave. Between all of us, someone is usually in the city at least once a week and can pick up anything else we need, either from him or NG. If you just want help muling grain, send me a PM with your phone number and we'll all do our best to let you know when someone is headed into the city.
- Woody
- Award Winner 4

- Posts: 1190
- Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:39 am
- Name: Derek
- Location: Truro, NS
Re: Bringing grains to Truro
I'm with Pete. I go in on the group buys that save us as brewers money and support the club. Dave of Everwood is a huge contributor to the Brewnosers community and I can't see not supporting him whenever I can. Come to some of our Truro meetings and you will see we take care of each other. Great bunch of brewers around here just like the rest of the people in the Brewnoser community. 
- GillettBreweryCnslt
- Vendor

- Posts: 1935
- Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:24 am
- Name: David Gillett
- Location: Hammonds Plains
- Contact:
Re: Bringing grains to Truro
Hey Guys,
I understand the travel concern and let me just say that I'm working on a solution. Hopefully something by the end of summer that works for all of us. Stay tuned!
Thanks for the support, it means a lot.
Dave
I understand the travel concern and let me just say that I'm working on a solution. Hopefully something by the end of summer that works for all of us. Stay tuned!
Thanks for the support, it means a lot.
Dave
-
Hub Brewer
- Award Winner 1

- Posts: 319
- Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 10:54 pm
- Name: Pete
- Location: Truro, NS
Re: Bringing grains to Truro
EverwoodAveBrewShop wrote:Hey Guys,
I understand the travel concern and let me just say that I'm working on a solution. Hopefully something by the end of summer that works for all of us. Stay tuned!
Thanks for the support, it means a lot.
Dave
- mckay75
- Award Winner 6

- Posts: 750
- Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:36 pm
- Name: Mark
- Location: Truro
- Contact:
Re: Bringing grains to Truro
I'm with Pete and Woody...Dave's been awesome to deal with and a stand up guy. I'll continue to support Everwood for as long as I am brewing.
-
Bowserm
- Verified User

- Posts: 246
- Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:13 pm
- Name: Mark Bowser
- Location: Truro
Re: Bringing grains to Truro
Thanks for the great input guys! also, no disrespect to Dave. I have made some purchases from him, and he is always been great. the last thing I want to do is to take any business away from anyone.
Travel is not an issue as I am in Halifax once or twice a week for work, so I grab what I can when I am there.
Also, when are the meetings in Truro normally? I would be interested in attending. It's difficult to talk to my wife about beer when she doesn't really care, so it will be great to meet and discuss
Mark
Travel is not an issue as I am in Halifax once or twice a week for work, so I grab what I can when I am there.
Also, when are the meetings in Truro normally? I would be interested in attending. It's difficult to talk to my wife about beer when she doesn't really care, so it will be great to meet and discuss
Mark
- mckay75
- Award Winner 6

- Posts: 750
- Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:36 pm
- Name: Mark
- Location: Truro
- Contact:
Re: Bringing grains to Truro
We really don't have a set schedule...usually been every couple of months or so and try to work around each other's busy schedules. That all being said...
When's the next meeting?! Let's get on this!
When's the next meeting?! Let's get on this!
-
Mac_Brew
- Award Winner 1

- Posts: 151
- Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:06 am
- Name: Jeff
- Location: Truro, NS
Re: Bringing grains to Truro
I would also support Dave. The Truro group is pretty good at supporting each other when we are travelling in to buy grain or other supplies. Dave has a great supply and will work with you to meet your needs.
jeff
jeff
- Steeveo
- Verified User

- Posts: 101
- Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:52 am
- Location: Truro
Re: Bringing grains to Truro
A meeting is required soon!!! Could get some travel/delivery arrangements ironed out for our Truro branch. Perhaps something like a BBM group broadcast when someone is running into Dave's for a pick up. (So long as they are driving a Honda Fit or slightly larger rig right Mckay75) 
- Woody
- Award Winner 4

- Posts: 1190
- Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:39 am
- Name: Derek
- Location: Truro, NS
Re: Bringing grains to Truro
I've seen the beast loaded Steve you might be surprised. Meeting on Friday at Jeff's!
- mckay75
- Award Winner 6

- Posts: 750
- Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:36 pm
- Name: Mark
- Location: Truro
- Contact:
Re: Bringing grains to Truro
Steve...I know not what you speak of...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Hub Brewer
- Award Winner 1

- Posts: 319
- Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 10:54 pm
- Name: Pete
- Location: Truro, NS
- Woody
- Award Winner 4

- Posts: 1190
- Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:39 am
- Name: Derek
- Location: Truro, NS
Re: Bringing grains to Truro
Mark from now on your Honda will be called the Humvee!
- mikeorr
- Award Winner 3

- Posts: 582
- Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:09 pm
- Name: Michael Orr
- Location: Middle Sackville
Re: Bringing grains to Truro
My folks live in Truro, so I'm periodically visiting from Halifax and could easily pick up items from Dave's to mule. From now on, I'll try and remember to post on the forums (in advance) any time I'm making the trip to see if anyone needs anything.
-
Mac_Brew
- Award Winner 1

- Posts: 151
- Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:06 am
- Name: Jeff
- Location: Truro, NS
Re: Bringing grains to Truro
Mark is an overachiever even with his Honda! its a pachyderm done hombrew style!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests