Hey all!!
I was cleaning up my garage, I dug out an old pot 32litre (no lid) and old moosehead keg (50 litres??)
I was thinking trying to use them in an all grain setup....
is the keg worth modifying???
right now i do biab , using a 5ga stewing pot (on the stove), but if can make use of this keg and pot...
suggestions?
I have an old pot and keg, suggestions for best use...
- mindless2
- Verified User

- Posts: 114
- Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:38 pm
- Name: Todd Payne
- Location: Quispamsis, NB
I have an old pot and keg, suggestions for best use...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Now On Tap.....
Irish Red Ale
Blonde Ale
Smoked Chili Ale
Sarsaparilla Ale
Irish Red Ale
Blonde Ale
Smoked Chili Ale
Sarsaparilla Ale
- Keith
- Award Winner 6

- Posts: 6479
- Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:55 pm
- Name: Keith
- Location: Lower Sackville, NS
Re: I have an old pot and keg, suggestions for best use...
32 liter pot is a bit small for 5 gallons. But you can turn the keg into a keggle. Maybe use the pot as a hot liquor tank
Brewer, Owner & Operator @ Ol' Biddy's Brew House

- Hobbitfu
- Verified User

- Posts: 308
- Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:31 pm
- Name: Trevor Funk
- Location: Saint John, NB
Re: I have an old pot and keg, suggestions for best use...
32 litre is only slightly small for 5g batch... I use them though and work great! I have 3 9g pots for mash tun, bk and HLT. Though would be good to equip with a valve.
- Hobbitfu
- Verified User

- Posts: 308
- Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:31 pm
- Name: Trevor Funk
- Location: Saint John, NB
Re: I have an old pot and keg, suggestions for best use...
I would think the keg very worth modifying. As Keith said a keggle would be great. And yes use the 32L pot as HLT and then get something for a mashtun (traditional cooler or other stainless steel pot...).
- Albert
- Verified User

- Posts: 81
- Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:18 pm
- Name: Al.M.
- Location: NB
Re: I have an old pot and keg, suggestions for best use...
I have the same keg..we built a bbq long before the days i considered using kegs as brewing vessels
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
on Tap
Brown
on Deck
IPA
...
Brown
on Deck
IPA
...
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests