Knocked this jockey box together yesterday.

A spot to talk general homebrew
Post Reply
User avatar
Keggermeister
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 1143
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:50 pm

Knocked this jockey box together yesterday.

Post by Keggermeister » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:00 am

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435143626.685616.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435143645.436232.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Keggermeister
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 1143
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:50 pm

Re: Knocked this jockey box together yesterday.

Post by Keggermeister » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:03 am

Sent that before I was done typing.
Anyone have experience wit using a cold plate in hot weather for a few days? I am taking it camping and am trying to find out if I need to pre chill the keg.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
LeafMan66_67
Award Winner 2
Award Winner 2
Posts: 4600
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:10 am
Name: Derek Stapleton
Location: Lower Sackville, NS

Re: Knocked this jockey box together yesterday.

Post by LeafMan66_67 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:01 am

My test will be in July.
"He was a wise man who invented beer." - Plato

User avatar
Keith
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Posts: 6479
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:55 pm
Name: Keith
Location: Lower Sackville, NS

Re: Knocked this jockey box together yesterday.

Post by Keith » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:37 am

Keggermeister wrote:Sent that before I was done typing.
Anyone have experience wit using a cold plate in hot weather for a few days? I am taking it camping and am trying to find out if I need to pre chill the keg.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I used mine last summer. I think the same cooler on my old one. Worked great, kegs were warm and it was setup for 3 days. However I know you are running 1 pass where I was running 3 pass. However unless you are continuously pouring you should be fine.
As a note I "had" to replenish the ice on the last day, and that was only cause we kept milk and juice jugs in there as well.
Brewer, Owner & Operator @ Ol' Biddy's Brew House
:cheers2:

User avatar
jacinthebox
Award Winner 16
Award Winner 16
Posts: 3047
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:44 pm
Name: Justin
Location: Hubley
Contact:

Re: Knocked this jockey box together yesterday.

Post by jacinthebox » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:42 am

Keggermeister wrote:Sent that before I was done typing.
Anyone have experience wit using a cold plate in hot weather for a few days? I am taking it camping and am trying to find out if I need to pre chill the keg.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never chill the kegs...our plate does 3 passes on one tap, and 4 on the other tho...super cold beer from first to last pint
Brathair Brewing



Brew Hard...Stay Humble

User avatar
bluenose
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 1984
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:49 pm
Location: New Glasgow

Re: Knocked this jockey box together yesterday.

Post by bluenose » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:32 am

where'd you get the block?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Post Reply

Return to “General Homebrew Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests