Advice on digital pH meters

A spot to talk general homebrew
Post Reply
jason.loxton
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 972
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:44 pm
Name: Jason Loxton
Location: sydney ns

Advice on digital pH meters

Post by jason.loxton » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:12 am

Checked out the various threads, but don't want to go for one of the cheapos. I've decided that I am old enough and financially stable enough to stop driving myself crazy in a few areas, and investing in better analytical equipment is one of them.

Considering two options, but would be open to any others:

1. http://www.amazon.com/Milwaukee-MW102-P ... 6XHSHJFWBD" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0085W ... BIFDNJJJAK" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

These are the two that Morebeer sells (although they're much cheaper on Amazon.com) and they both seem to have good reviews from the brewing community.

User avatar
LiverDance
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Posts: 4014
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:50 pm
Name: Brian
Location: Sprybeeria

Re: Advice on digital pH meters

Post by LiverDance » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:45 am

Check out the one Jimmy got in this thread http://www.brewnosers.org/forums/viewto ... er#p122258" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I've got a hana one (same as the one from the electric brewery web site) but I like the setup of the one in that thread better. The screw on cap is a better option as I find the hana pushed liquid out of the cap and ends up drying on the sides of the meter, and there is a nice case and some solutions with the one Jimmy has.
"Twenty years ago — a time, by the way, that hops such as Simcoe and Citra were already being developed, but weren’t about to find immediate popularity — there wasn’t a brewer on earth who would have gone to the annual Hop Growers of American convention and said, “I’m going to have a beer that we make 4,000 barrels of, one time a year. It flies off the shelf at damn near $20 a six-pack, and you know what it smells like? It smells like your cat ate your weed and then pissed in the Christmas tree.” - Bell’s Brewery Director of Operations John Mallet on the scent of their popular Hopslam.

User avatar
Jimmy
Site Admin Award Winner
Site Admin Award Winner
Posts: 6984
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:35 pm
Location: Halifax, NS

Re: Advice on digital pH meters

Post by Jimmy » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:55 pm

LiverDance wrote:Check out the one Jimmy got in this thread http://www.brewnosers.org/forums/viewto ... er#p122258" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I've got a hana one (same as the one from the electric brewery web site) but I like the setup of the one in that thread better. The screw on cap is a better option as I find the hana pushed liquid out of the cap and ends up drying on the sides of the meter, and there is a nice case and some solutions with the one Jimmy has.

I've been happy with mine. Used it a few times so far and seems to be consistent. Replacement probes are pretty cheap too.

Post Reply

Return to “General Homebrew Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests