Type of hop

A spot to talk general homebrew
Post Reply
Timelord_
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:19 pm
Name: Tom

Type of hop

Post by Timelord_ » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:12 pm

I am a bit of a hophead. When I purchase retail brew, it is usually Hop Yard Ale by Garrison. Any idea what type of hops are used in this particular brew? Interested in the hop that provide the aroma and the after taste.

Cheers.

User avatar
Keith
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Posts: 6479
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:55 pm
Name: Keith
Location: Lower Sackville, NS

Re: Type of hop

Post by Keith » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:19 pm

Nugget, Amarillo and cascade are the hops used. And it is Dry hopped with cascade.
Brewer, Owner & Operator @ Ol' Biddy's Brew House
:cheers2:

Timelord_
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:19 pm
Name: Tom

Re: Type of hop

Post by Timelord_ » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:25 pm

Thanks Keith. Gotta visit Dave to stock up on all of the above.

User avatar
Keith
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Posts: 6479
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:55 pm
Name: Keith
Location: Lower Sackville, NS

Re: Type of hop

Post by Keith » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:51 pm

No worries. Nugget was probably for the bittering charge. Based on what I recall from that beer I think cascade was dominant. I don't recall a huge Amarillo flavor but it is there. GL.
Brewer, Owner & Operator @ Ol' Biddy's Brew House
:cheers2:

Post Reply

Return to “General Homebrew Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 54 guests