Page 1 of 1

Fast Fermentor Available

Posted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:35 pm
by GuingesRock
If there's a new Brewer who's been badly wanting one of these and doesn't have the cash right now, I have one if you can arrange pickup or refund postage. I keep winning them in competitions and found another one on my doorstep this morning. Thanks Fast Products for supporting beer competitions and also for the fast rack which is awesome. :)

Re: Fast Fermentor Available

Posted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:45 pm
by wader98
i'd love to take it off your hands if your not looking for too much $$..

Re: Fast Fermentor Available

Posted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:48 pm
by GuingesRock
Oh shit. Sorry got a pm 2minutes only before you posted from Halifax Jeff. I checked the time on your post and the time the pm was sent.

Re: Fast Fermentor Available

Posted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:52 pm
by GuingesRock
It's free BTW guys, just pickup or shipping to take care of.

Re: Fast Fermentor Available

Posted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:55 pm
by wader98
GuingesRock wrote:Oh shit. Sorry got a pm 2minutes only before you posted from Halifax Jeff. I checked the time on your post and the time the pm was sent.
If he doesn't take it i would love to pick up on tuesday night. Currently in Ontario until Monday.

Re: Fast Fermentor Available

Posted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:56 pm
by Halifax_Jeff
GuingesRock wrote:Oh shit. Sorry got a pm 2minutes only before you posted from Halifax Jeff. I checked the time on your post and the time the pm was sent.
I can pick it up from you in Wolfville. I'd love to try one out and see what it's all about. If it doesn't fit my needs I can pass it along to another person.

Re: Fast Fermentor Available

Posted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:57 pm
by GuingesRock
wader98 wrote:i'd love to take it off your hands if your not looking for too much $$..
If I get another it's yours :)

Re: Fast Fermentor Available

Posted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:21 pm
by GuingesRock
Halifax_Jeff wrote:
GuingesRock wrote:Oh shit. Sorry got a pm 2minutes only before you posted from Halifax Jeff. I checked the time on your post and the time the pm was sent.
I can pick it up from you in Wolfville. I'd love to try one out and see what it's all about. If it doesn't fit my needs I can pass it along to another person.
Sounds good Jeff. As long as it's out there somewhere being used.

Re: Fast Fermentor Available

Posted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:39 pm
by GAM
Very generous Mark. I don't want/need one but would like to try it. It is an interesting design. I just don't see it as being worth the price.

S

Re: byFast Fermentor Available

Posted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:47 pm
by GuingesRock
[quote="GAM"]Very generous Mark. I don't want/need one but would like to try it. It is an interesting design. I just don't see it as being worth the price. [quote]

I sold the last one on kijiji. Didn't get much for it and wasn't worth the hassle. I don't need them because still ferment in kettle. Thought about making mead in one, but gave up on the Mead idea ...too much on the go with the beer.

Re: Fast Fermentor Available

Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:52 pm
by GuingesRock
I just noticed a label on the side of the box saying it was for a European Hybrid win at the Brewnoser’s Comp.

So! It was a combined Brewnoser effort getting it (you worked at the comp too Sandy I think) and it will be used by a Brewnoser. Sounds good to me.

Re: Fast Fermentor Available

Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:11 pm
by GAM
If the first to speak up is OK with it, I'll do a trial and report and pass it on.

Again very generous Mark.

S

Re: Fast Fermentor Available

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:08 pm
by MitchK
Does anyone on this forum use these? I was looking at one on everwood's site and doing primary and secondary in the same vessel sounds useful to me but reviews of it on northernbrewer seem mixed and I'm not sure how easily I could control fermentation temp with this (compared to the standard plastic bucket in a minifridge with an external controller)

Re: Fast Fermentor Available

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:31 pm
by GuingesRock
Like you say in another post a fermentor in a fridge is a grand idea.

Re: Fast Fermentor Available

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:33 pm
by GuingesRock
..and you don't need a secondary except maybe for a few advanced brews.