Maritimes Beer and Wine Emporium
- Taylor Vanbrewer
- Verified User

- Posts: 135
- Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:24 pm
- Name: Taylor
- Location: Halifax
Maritimes Beer and Wine Emporium
Just a heads up, these guys have a full assortment of fresh white labs yeasts in right now. Some really cool offerings on hand too. Proping up some English cider yeast I bought there yesterday as I type this. With a San Diego Super yeast in the fridge for later. Might go back for the American Saison Blend they have... if no one else beats me to it.
Certified BJCP Judge/Punk Rock aficionado/Witless Dullard
- jacinthebox
- Award Winner 16

- Posts: 3047
- Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:44 pm
- Name: Justin
- Location: Hubley
- Contact:
Re: Maritimes Beer and Wine Emporium
just an FYI, everwood also stocks White Labs, and a few other brands
https://www.everwoodavebrewshop.com/category/yeast/
https://www.everwoodavebrewshop.com/category/yeast/
Brathair Brewing
Brew Hard...Stay Humble
Brew Hard...Stay Humble
- Taylor Vanbrewer
- Verified User

- Posts: 135
- Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:24 pm
- Name: Taylor
- Location: Halifax
Re: Maritimes Beer and Wine Emporium
I do know Everwood stocks this stuff too, and much more for that matter. That being said, it is nice having a walkable Halifax option for more interesting yeast...
Certified BJCP Judge/Punk Rock aficionado/Witless Dullard
- LeafMan66_67
- Award Winner 2

- Posts: 4600
- Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:10 am
- Name: Derek Stapleton
- Location: Lower Sackville, NS
Re: Maritimes Beer and Wine Emporium
Always nice for a Halifax location expanding the homebrew selection.
"He was a wise man who invented beer." - Plato
- CorneliusAlphonse
- Award Winner 1

- Posts: 2988
- Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:28 pm
Re: Maritimes Beer and Wine Emporium
Yeah it's great that he's bringing in some of the more interesting yeast strains. always been one of the harder things to get since you need em fresh and well cared for (i.e. not stored at room temp).
planning: beer for my cousin's wedding
Fermenting: black ipa
Conditioning:
Kegged: barrel barleywine from 2014 - i think i still have this somewhere
Fermenting: black ipa
Conditioning:
Kegged: barrel barleywine from 2014 - i think i still have this somewhere
- brulelager
- Registered User

- Posts: 50
- Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:37 am
- Name: Jim Patriquin
Re: Maritimes Beer and Wine Emporium
He also carries a wide selection of hops and grain, Tim is helpful, as most places are I suppose. Nice to have that closer option when you need something fast, also I saw he's opening Sunday now.
- GAM
- Verified User

- Posts: 5429
- Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 2:50 pm
- Name: Sandy MacNeil
- Location: North End HFX
Re: Maritimes Beer and Wine Emporium
Ya. My kid is the Sunday staff. Give him a hard time.brulelager wrote:He also carries a wide selection of hops and grain, Tim is helpful, as most places are I suppose. Nice to have that closer option when you need something fast, also I saw he's opening Sunday now.
S
- jacinthebox
- Award Winner 16

- Posts: 3047
- Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:44 pm
- Name: Justin
- Location: Hubley
- Contact:
Re: Maritimes Beer and Wine Emporium
GAM wrote:Ya. My kid is the Sunday staff. Give him a hard time.brulelager wrote:He also carries a wide selection of hops and grain, Tim is helpful, as most places are I suppose. Nice to have that closer option when you need something fast, also I saw he's opening Sunday now.
S
"this yeast is bruised...can I get a discount?"
Brathair Brewing
Brew Hard...Stay Humble
Brew Hard...Stay Humble
- GAM
- Verified User

- Posts: 5429
- Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 2:50 pm
- Name: Sandy MacNeil
- Location: North End HFX
Re: Maritimes Beer and Wine Emporium
AH, AH, sure!!
S
S
- MitchK
- Verified User

- Posts: 878
- Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:55 pm
- Name: Mitchell Kehoe
- Location: Okanagan Valley, BC
Re: Maritimes Beer and Wine Emporium
I just walked up last night because I live within a couple km of it and I don't always have wheels to get to everwood. Looks like a perfectly good NG alternative for wine stuff, we'll probably wind up buying bottles, corks, and a rack there, and split buying wine kits between there and NG on oxford depending on what brand we want.
The prices on malt, hops, and yeast seemed ok, only slightly higher than everwood (most of the difference is from everwood's brewnosers discount) so it might be a good walkable place to grab a few ingredients, but the prices on equipment (co2 tanks, valves, fittings, fermenters, kettles, etc... the works) were considerably higher, so it would have to be a pretty big emergency for me to buy any gear there instead of just waiting until I can go to everwood (hell it would be cheaper to have dave mail stuff to me in many cases)
They really do have some interesting stuff in that yeast fridge. Saw a vial of sake yeast.
The prices on malt, hops, and yeast seemed ok, only slightly higher than everwood (most of the difference is from everwood's brewnosers discount) so it might be a good walkable place to grab a few ingredients, but the prices on equipment (co2 tanks, valves, fittings, fermenters, kettles, etc... the works) were considerably higher, so it would have to be a pretty big emergency for me to buy any gear there instead of just waiting until I can go to everwood (hell it would be cheaper to have dave mail stuff to me in many cases)
They really do have some interesting stuff in that yeast fridge. Saw a vial of sake yeast.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests