Noble Grape Online Store

A spot to talk general homebrew
User avatar
Jimmy
Site Admin Award Winner
Site Admin Award Winner
Posts: 6984
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:35 pm
Location: Halifax, NS

Noble Grape Online Store

Post by Jimmy » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:26 pm

I see Noble Grape has launched an online store.

It's going to be hard to compete in the online world unless their pricing drops compared to what I've seen in-store. No real differentiator with online stores other than selection and pricing - both of which are already covered in the Canadian market.

Good to see more stores going the online route though - I can't imagine running a retail business without a solid online presence.

User avatar
Keith
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Posts: 6479
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:55 pm
Name: Keith
Location: Lower Sackville, NS

Re: Noble Grape Online Store

Post by Keith » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:33 pm

yea their prices are quite higher than their competition. I don't think NG really holds any market place for beer online. Festa in store. And with OBK getting into Wine and Cider they might even have NG beat there too.
Brewer, Owner & Operator @ Ol' Biddy's Brew House
:cheers2:

User avatar
MitchK
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 878
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:55 pm
Name: Mitchell Kehoe
Location: Okanagan Valley, BC

Re: Noble Grape Online Store

Post by MitchK » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:33 pm

Where is this store? Their website looks the same to me.

User avatar
Jimmy
Site Admin Award Winner
Site Admin Award Winner
Posts: 6984
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:35 pm
Location: Halifax, NS

Re: Noble Grape Online Store

Post by Jimmy » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:35 pm

http://www.shopnoblegrape.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
MitchK
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 878
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:55 pm
Name: Mitchell Kehoe
Location: Okanagan Valley, BC

Re: Noble Grape Online Store

Post by MitchK » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:37 pm

why do they have a separate website for that...

User avatar
Jimmy
Site Admin Award Winner
Site Admin Award Winner
Posts: 6984
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:35 pm
Location: Halifax, NS

Re: Noble Grape Online Store

Post by Jimmy » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:39 pm

MitchK wrote:why do they have a separate website for that...
Yeah, no idea. One would think it would be shop.noblegrape.ca, or http://www.noblegrape.ca/shop" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
MitchK
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 878
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:55 pm
Name: Mitchell Kehoe
Location: Okanagan Valley, BC

Re: Noble Grape Online Store

Post by MitchK » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:43 pm

One item available on their store that might find a market is the "water purification equipment" if you get my drift...

User avatar
GillettBreweryCnslt
Vendor
Vendor
Posts: 1935
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:24 am
Name: David Gillett
Location: Hammonds Plains
Contact:

Re: Noble Grape Online Store

Post by GillettBreweryCnslt » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:07 pm

MitchK wrote:One item available on their store that might find a market is the "water purification equipment" if you get my drift...
I can bring that product line into the store, no one has ever asked.

Just saying...

User avatar
Jimmy
Site Admin Award Winner
Site Admin Award Winner
Posts: 6984
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:35 pm
Location: Halifax, NS

Re: Noble Grape Online Store

Post by Jimmy » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:22 pm

EverwoodAveBrewShop wrote:
MitchK wrote:One item available on their store that might find a market is the "water purification equipment" if you get my drift...
I can bring that product line into the store, no one has ever asked.

Just saying...
It's actually something that a few people I know (outside of the homebrew community) have asked me about recently. I feel like it's something that's going to pick up in popularity, similar to brewing beer...might be worth bringing some in. At least one of the people who asked me about it still hasn't purchased anything - they were looking at the Turbo 500 as their potential unit. I can send him your way if you think you'd get them in.

User avatar
GuingesRock
Award Winner 20+
Award Winner 20+
Posts: 5190
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:26 pm
Name: Mark
Location: Wolfville, NS

Re: Noble Grape Online Store

Post by GuingesRock » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:06 pm

There must be a demand or they wouldn't be doing it. I suspect their wine making stuff may be competitive. Also those excellent Festa Brew kits. Distilling gear and supplies as mentioned. I really like having a local store with brewing supplies and knowledgeable staff to help with any question ...but that's the store front thing which is invaluable. I actually took the staff chocolates and stuff one Christmas because they had been so great getting me started and joining in with the passion when I was starting out. It was all in the valley here too, where excellent resources are few and far between
-Mark
2nd place, Canadian Brewer of the Year, 2015
101 awards won for beers designed and brewed.
Cicerone Program - Certified Beer Server

User avatar
GillettBreweryCnslt
Vendor
Vendor
Posts: 1935
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:24 am
Name: David Gillett
Location: Hammonds Plains
Contact:

Re: Noble Grape Online Store

Post by GillettBreweryCnslt » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:37 pm

Jimmy wrote:It's actually something that a few people I know (outside of the homebrew community) have asked me about recently. I feel like it's something that's going to pick up in popularity, similar to brewing beer...might be worth bringing some in. At least one of the people who asked me about it still hasn't purchased anything - they were looking at the Turbo 500 as their potential unit. I can send him your way if you think you'd get them in.
Cool, I can have them in the store in 24-48 hours from pulling hte trigger and I only need to order one. So please do!

spears104
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 375
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:58 pm
Name: Jason Spears
Location: Port Hawkesbury, NS

Re: Noble Grape Online Store

Post by spears104 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:18 pm

The T500 is a sweet piece of equipment. It is very easy to operate.
Primary -
Secondary -
Bottle Conditioning -
Bottled -
On tap:
On the horizon -

User avatar
MitchK
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 878
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:55 pm
Name: Mitchell Kehoe
Location: Okanagan Valley, BC

Re: Noble Grape Online Store

Post by MitchK » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:38 am

Oh man, the fact that the grainfather can use the condensor lids from the t-500 makes that whole setup a very tempting all in one for the apartment brewer...

Too bad I don't really have the money for more gear atm with work kind of slowing down. I think I'd play way too much into stereotypes if I was sitting home making moonshine while on EI.

Bowserm
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 246
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:13 pm
Name: Mark Bowser
Location: Truro

Re: Noble Grape Online Store

Post by Bowserm » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:16 am

I thought making your own hard liquor (moonshine) was illegal? Or have those laws relaxed since home brewing and wine making has gone up?

User avatar
Jimmy
Site Admin Award Winner
Site Admin Award Winner
Posts: 6984
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:35 pm
Location: Halifax, NS

Re: Noble Grape Online Store

Post by Jimmy » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:19 am

Bowserm wrote:I thought making your own hard liquor (moonshine) was illegal? Or have those laws relaxed since home brewing and wine making has gone up?
It's still illegal - that's why Noble Grape is selling "water purifiers" :lol:

Bowserm
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 246
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:13 pm
Name: Mark Bowser
Location: Truro

Re: Noble Grape Online Store

Post by Bowserm » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:33 am

Funny, I guess there are ways around everything.

User avatar
GillettBreweryCnslt
Vendor
Vendor
Posts: 1935
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:24 am
Name: David Gillett
Location: Hammonds Plains
Contact:

Re: Noble Grape Online Store

Post by GillettBreweryCnslt » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:58 am

Bowserm wrote:Funny, I guess there are ways around everything.
Except for death and taxes....lol

IanWatson
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:10 pm
Name: Ian Watson

Re: Noble Grape Online Store

Post by IanWatson » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:02 pm

Someone I know purchased one of the water purifier units from NG. In my opinion the output was pretty 'meh'. It's not too hard to make your own water purifier setup. If you're interested in learning the theory of distilling (whether to make your own distilled water, or simply know the theory behind distilling other substances), Google "Making Gin and Vodka" by John Stone. Personally there are some things I would change about his design... but it's a good start.

User avatar
MitchK
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 878
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:55 pm
Name: Mitchell Kehoe
Location: Okanagan Valley, BC

Re: Noble Grape Online Store

Post by MitchK » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:53 pm

By the unit from NG, do you mean the air cooled one or the column one?

IanWatson
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:10 pm
Name: Ian Watson

Re: Noble Grape Online Store

Post by IanWatson » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:06 am

The air one. Now that I look I see they have a fractioning column. That would be a much better product.

User avatar
GuingesRock
Award Winner 20+
Award Winner 20+
Posts: 5190
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:26 pm
Name: Mark
Location: Wolfville, NS

Re: Noble Grape Online Store

Post by GuingesRock » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:16 pm

I just ordered something you can only get from NG (not a still :) ). $8 shipping saved me a 1 hour round trip to Coldbrook and it will come right to my door within a day or two.

:cheers2:
-Mark
2nd place, Canadian Brewer of the Year, 2015
101 awards won for beers designed and brewed.
Cicerone Program - Certified Beer Server

User avatar
GAM
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 5429
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 2:50 pm
Name: Sandy MacNeil
Location: North End HFX

Re: Noble Grape Online Store

Post by GAM » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:02 pm

What does NG carry that no one else has?

S

User avatar
mr x
Mod Award Winner
Mod Award Winner
Posts: 13764
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:30 pm
Location: Halifax/New Glasgow

Re: Noble Grape Online Store

Post by mr x » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:17 pm

Oxidized Bullion hops from 2011.
At Alexander Keith's we follow the recipes first developed by the great brewmaster to the absolute letter. :wtf:

User avatar
GAM
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 5429
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 2:50 pm
Name: Sandy MacNeil
Location: North End HFX

Re: Noble Grape Online Store

Post by GAM » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:44 pm

That's what I (No it wasn't).


S

User avatar
GuingesRock
Award Winner 20+
Award Winner 20+
Posts: 5190
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:26 pm
Name: Mark
Location: Wolfville, NS

Re: Noble Grape Online Store

Post by GuingesRock » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:02 pm

Aceptox. I'm hooked on that stuff :)
-Mark
2nd place, Canadian Brewer of the Year, 2015
101 awards won for beers designed and brewed.
Cicerone Program - Certified Beer Server

Post Reply

Return to “General Homebrew Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests