Page 1 of 1

what's everyone's opinion?

Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:56 pm
by Halifax_Jeff
I brewed my advent beer and missed my OG by a lot (16pts :o ). I'm contributing that to a few things but mostly I realized after I did a no-sparge I drained the tun way too fast. I didn't have any DME on hand so I had to put it in the fermenter and it's chugging away. It came in at 1.044 (aimed for 1.06) it's just about in range of an american brown ale (1.045 – 1.060) but I'm worried it'll just be too bitter given the abv. Link to the recipe (http://www.thebrewingnetwork.com/forum/ ... f=&t=18509" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

I read I can toss some DME mixed with water but I can't right now because I just had to add a blow off tube and there's not much room to left at the moment.

My question; should I just leave it and see how it turns out? or wait a couple days and add the DME/water mixture and lightly stir it up to get things going again?

Re: what's everyone's opinion?

Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:10 pm
by GuingesRock
Leave it. It might be very good. If you mess around with it, it could be very bad. IMHO

Re: what's everyone's opinion?

Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:48 pm
by Buccaneer
I had a similar incident a few months ago. Brewed up an IPA, missed the OG by more than 10 points. Fermented it anyway, thinking it might be too bitter, but it ended up being fine. A bit thin, perhaps, but tasty enough that it didn't last long.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Re: what's everyone's opinion?

Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:16 pm
by Halifax_Jeff
I think I'm going to leave it, it's just beer after all. Lessons learned.