Help!! Carbonation by Agitation??? On a deadline!!

A spot to talk general homebrew
Post Reply
User avatar
mindless2
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 114
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:38 pm
Name: Todd Payne
Location: Quispamsis, NB

Help!! Carbonation by Agitation??? On a deadline!!

Post by mindless2 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:30 pm

Ummm .... I'm such an idiot!
I was trying to carb my homebrew in my ferm freezer , but I knocked the probe out of the freezer... went out this AM to partially frozen beer...

I'm hoping it will all be thawed by tomorrow .
I needed that beer to be carved by Oct 24th!!
Can I carb by Agitation to catch it up and have it ready for my Halloween party on the 24th???

If so, what's the best way to do it??

Thanks
Todd

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
Now On Tap.....
Irish Red Ale
Blonde Ale
Smoked Chili Ale
Sarsaparilla Ale

User avatar
jacinthebox
Award Winner 16
Award Winner 16
Posts: 3047
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:44 pm
Name: Justin
Location: Hubley
Contact:

Re: Help!! Carbonation by Agitation??? On a deadline!!

Post by jacinthebox » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:15 pm

Use the carb chart...set the psi...and shake the living shit out of it...leave it on the gas
Brathair Brewing



Brew Hard...Stay Humble

User avatar
jacinthebox
Award Winner 16
Award Winner 16
Posts: 3047
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:44 pm
Name: Justin
Location: Hubley
Contact:

Re: Help!! Carbonation by Agitation??? On a deadline!!

Post by jacinthebox » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:16 pm

Has it been carbing at all? If not...set fridge to 0c and bump the psi up to 30 for 2 days
Last edited by jacinthebox on Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brathair Brewing



Brew Hard...Stay Humble

User avatar
mindless2
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 114
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:38 pm
Name: Todd Payne
Location: Quispamsis, NB

Re: Help!! Carbonation by Agitation??? On a deadline!!

Post by mindless2 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:36 pm

Awesome I'll give that a try!! They were in for about 12hrs and froze. I'll drop the temp again in the morning and give it a couple days

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
Now On Tap.....
Irish Red Ale
Blonde Ale
Smoked Chili Ale
Sarsaparilla Ale

User avatar
Keggermeister
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 1143
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:50 pm

Re: Help!! Carbonation by Agitation??? On a deadline!!

Post by Keggermeister » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:01 pm

Chilled down to between 34 and 40, set reg to 30 PSI and rock for 3 min. Works every time. You should get about 2.5 volumes. Be sure to allow time for the yeast to settle out again if it has any.

Post Reply

Return to “General Homebrew Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests