Page 1 of 1

Help!! Carbonation by Agitation??? On a deadline!!

Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:30 pm
by mindless2
Ummm .... I'm such an idiot!
I was trying to carb my homebrew in my ferm freezer , but I knocked the probe out of the freezer... went out this AM to partially frozen beer...

I'm hoping it will all be thawed by tomorrow .
I needed that beer to be carved by Oct 24th!!
Can I carb by Agitation to catch it up and have it ready for my Halloween party on the 24th???

If so, what's the best way to do it??

Thanks
Todd

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Re: Help!! Carbonation by Agitation??? On a deadline!!

Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:15 pm
by jacinthebox
Use the carb chart...set the psi...and shake the living shit out of it...leave it on the gas

Re: Help!! Carbonation by Agitation??? On a deadline!!

Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:16 pm
by jacinthebox
Has it been carbing at all? If not...set fridge to 0c and bump the psi up to 30 for 2 days

Re: Help!! Carbonation by Agitation??? On a deadline!!

Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:36 pm
by mindless2
Awesome I'll give that a try!! They were in for about 12hrs and froze. I'll drop the temp again in the morning and give it a couple days

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Re: Help!! Carbonation by Agitation??? On a deadline!!

Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:01 pm
by Keggermeister
Chilled down to between 34 and 40, set reg to 30 PSI and rock for 3 min. Works every time. You should get about 2.5 volumes. Be sure to allow time for the yeast to settle out again if it has any.