Old Starter

A spot to talk general homebrew
Post Reply
chefbeer
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:53 am
Name: Jeremy

Old Starter

Post by chefbeer » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:25 am

I made a 1L starter with WLP013 3 weeks ago and then didn't have time to brew. It's been sitting in the fridge since then. I'm brewing a low gravity bitters so would it be fine to pitch my starter, or would it be a good idea to build up the starter by a half a litre or so?

User avatar
mumblecrunch
Award Winner 2
Award Winner 2
Posts: 1206
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:01 pm
Name: Aaron
Location: Halifax

Re: Old Starter

Post by mumblecrunch » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:06 am

I have been in the same situation and have successfully pitched starters that have been two and three weeks in the refrigerator. I wouldn't bother building it up again, just decant and pitch.

chefbeer
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:53 am
Name: Jeremy

Re: Old Starter

Post by chefbeer » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:22 am

Yeah, that's what I thought. I just needed some reassurance, thank you.

Post Reply

Return to “General Homebrew Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests