WLP810 San Francisco Lager

A spot to talk general homebrew
Post Reply
User avatar
mcgster
Award Winner 20+
Award Winner 20+
Posts: 1098
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:34 pm
Name: Mark McGraw
Location: Saint John / St. John's

WLP810 San Francisco Lager

Post by mcgster » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:11 pm

I'm just boiling up some wort for a starter of wlp810 to brew up a California Steam Ale this weekend and I was curious as to what else people use this yeast for.

White labs gives the temp range for this one from 58 to 65F and list it as being suitable for American lagers, Amber lagers, Schwarzbier, and Doppelbocks.

I don't think I have heard about it being used much outside of the California steam ales though.

I'm tempted to do an extra larger starter up and use it in something else this weekend but I'm not sure what.

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
McGruff
Registered User
Registered User
Posts: 629
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:46 am
Name: Chris Storey
Location: Cavan, Ontario

Re: WLP810 San Francisco Lager

Post by McGruff » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:45 am

Do you have temp control?

User avatar
mcgster
Award Winner 20+
Award Winner 20+
Posts: 1098
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:34 pm
Name: Mark McGraw
Location: Saint John / St. John's

Re: WLP810 San Francisco Lager

Post by mcgster » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:55 am

Rudimentary temp control here for lower temps, but it works.

Post Reply

Return to “General Homebrew Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests