anyone else doing the festa ginger snapped?

A spot to talk general homebrew
Post Reply
User avatar
MitchK
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 878
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:55 pm
Name: Mitchell Kehoe
Location: Okanagan Valley, BC

anyone else doing the festa ginger snapped?

Post by MitchK » Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:10 pm

Just curious because I started mine 9 days ago and its still at 1.018 even though the store page at everwood says it should finish at around 1.010. Was hoping to have it done for christmas (I realize even if it hit FG tonight it would take a hell of a lot of cheating and shaking to get it cold and carb'd for a tomorrow morning growler fill to take to dinner at the parents place, but I was hoping it would hit FG in a week. I set my temp controller to 70 but the apartment is a little cool so it was actually in the 68.5-69 degree range for most of its ferment)... Bah, moving wrecked my supply lines (not brewing and the girlfriend's mother visiting drinking all my pilsner that was more intended for my father, lol) so I guess I'll just be bringing wine.

I'm hoping to at least get this festa kit done before new years so visiting friends can have some, just thought I'd check to see if anyone else has had this kit stall out a bit (it was 1.020 two days ago... One point a day seems pretty damn sluggish for an ale)

The yeast included was fermentis s-04 and the OG was 1.053. Obviously being a festa kit I can't know the mash temp.

User avatar
mikeorr
Award Winner 3
Award Winner 3
Posts: 582
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:09 pm
Name: Michael Orr
Location: Middle Sackville

Re: anyone else doing the festa ginger snapped?

Post by mikeorr » Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:16 pm

Has the krausen dropped out?

I've never had to do it myself, but maybe give the bucket/carboy a swirl to rouse the yeast and see if it'll pick back up?

User avatar
MitchK
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 878
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:55 pm
Name: Mitchell Kehoe
Location: Okanagan Valley, BC

Re: anyone else doing the festa ginger snapped?

Post by MitchK » Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:47 pm

No krausen on top. Might have to risk the swirl

Post Reply

Return to “General Homebrew Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests