Page 1 of 1
How do you guys dispense kegs on the go?
Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:42 pm
by bootselectric
Hi guys,
First post here, I was wondering if anyone has a portable solution to dispensing your corny kegs when they're not in your keezer/kegerator. I've seen a few bike pump options (
http://www.northernbrewer.com/connect/2 ... dispensor/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) or if there's a more finished looking option.
Thanks
Re: How do you guys dispense kegs on the go?
Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:52 pm
by mackay85
are you looking for a way to fill bottles and/or growlers to take with you? or are you looking to take the actual keg itself?
if it's filling growlers, I know a lot of guys on here have either beer guns or a tap adapter that they get from Dave at Everwood. For myself, I just turn my co2 down and slowly fill my growler. It takes a few minutes but overall works great.
If you are looking to take a full keg with you and have co2 to dispense, there are a few options I know of...but haven't used so probably not the best guy to ask! I've seen the small co2 cartridges you can buy at NG or Everwood that allows you to dispense. But, you should speak with Dave at Everwood about another option he's working on that i believe can dispense up to 2 kegs and is super easy and really handy to have.
Re: How do you guys dispense kegs on the go?
Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:54 pm
by MitchK
What is this option?!???! Everwood jockey boxes?
Re: How do you guys dispense kegs on the go?
Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:23 pm
by LeafMan66_67
bootselectric wrote:Hi guys,
First post here, I was wondering if anyone has a portable solution to dispensing your corny kegs when they're not in your keezer/kegerator. I've seen a few bike pump options (
http://www.northernbrewer.com/connect/2 ... dispensor/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) or if there's a more finished looking option.
Thanks
I gave a 9oz paintball style CO2 tank with a fitting to convert it to my regulator. From there, picnic tap, Jockey box or I also have a ball lock liquid connector with a faucet mounted on it to pour direct from the keg.
The fitting is at NG, and I'm sure Everwood also has it. I got the keg mounted faucet from OBK a few years back.
I haven't used the small CO2 chargers, both NG and Everwood carry those as well.
Re: How do you guys dispense kegs on the go?
Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:26 pm
by gyorke
Same here. Paintball tank with adaptor to small regulator.
Then I ghetto'd up a insulation board extension to a cooler. Kegs sit inside the 'cooler' on ice. Picnic taps out the side. Doesn't look like much but it is good enough for a weekend away.
Re: How do you guys dispense kegs on the go?
Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:27 pm
by Keith
gyorke wrote:Same here. Paintball tank with adaptor to small regulator.
Do you have a pic?
Re: How do you guys dispense kegs on the go?
Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:44 pm
by gyorke
I will see if I can get some better ones later but for now...
2016-02-04 12.39.45.jpg
Re: How do you guys dispense kegs on the go?
Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:10 pm
by Keggermeister
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454605758.864668.jpg
Jockey box all the way. Everwood has mini regulators for paintball tanks.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Re: How do you guys dispense kegs on the go?
Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:53 pm
by RubberToe
Trash can kegerator. Mine's on the right, Liverdance and/ or Chalmers' on the left.
Kegs, ice, CO2 inside.
trash-can-kegerators.jpg
Re: How do you guys dispense kegs on the go?
Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:10 pm
by mackay85
Ohhh that's absolutely awesome! !!!
Re: How do you guys dispense kegs on the go?
Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:01 pm
by gyorke
Here is my paintball tank setup.
First is just a paintball "remote" from ebay
20160207_204941.jpg
With a bushing into the regulator.
20160207_204932.jpg