Page 1 of 1

Think we could convince a homebrew store to can beer?

Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:41 pm
by MitchK
http://www.cask.com/canning-systems/mcs ... ng-system/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just a daydream of sorts. If someone had this they could charge $X to show up with a keg of carbed beer and leave with cans.

Re: Think we could convince a homebrew store to can beer?

Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:00 pm
by wide_awake
I've been thinking about a mobile canning operation that can come to you and can your beer for $X

Re: Think we could convince a homebrew store to can beer?

Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:02 pm
by Keggermeister
Thats a big outlay of cash for a small return. I would think it more profitable for a microbrewery to offer this service to both other micros and homebrewers.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Think we could convince a homebrew store to can beer?

Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:03 pm
by Keggermeister
That said, properly purged wine could be canned too.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Think we could convince a homebrew store to can beer?

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:59 pm
by jason.loxton
Brewed at a ubrew in Vancouver about 7 or 8 years ago that had a canning option. It was totally unnecessary... but also pretty cool. This place: http://www.westcoastubrew.com/bottles/beer/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pricey though.

Re: Think we could convince a homebrew store to can beer?

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:23 pm
by elreplica
Yeah, cool and expensive...I had that option over 20 years ago in Ontario but opted. To drink Grolsch whilst awaiting for my brew to finish...

Re: Think we could convince a homebrew store to can beer?

Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:45 pm
by MitchK
at $0.27 cents a can (that vancouver place price) I certainly wouldn't do it for every batch, but I'd certainly do it a few times a year... Probably anything I was giving away in an exchange or as christmas gifts or whatever.

Re: Think we could convince a homebrew store to can beer?

Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:51 am
by robcoombs
That would be a nice option to use on occasion.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Re: Think we could convince a homebrew store to can beer?

Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:30 pm
by MitchK
I guess I should specify - I would want to be able to bring in my own beer to do it. The place in Vancouver only works with their pre-made wort recipes.

Re: Think we could convince a homebrew store to can beer?

Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:04 am
by Buccaneer
I'd certainly try it a couple of times, just for the novelty.

Having said that, most of my beer this time of year goes into bottles that I take camping (ok, glamping). Cans would be way better.

Re: Think we could convince a homebrew store to can beer?

Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:34 pm
by RossBee
Anyone approach any of the micros that can?