Page 1 of 1
Wyeast 3711 French Saison
Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:49 pm
by Jimmy
How are you guys fermenting with this? Temp & schedule? What works, and what doesn't?
Re: Wyeast 3711 French Saison
Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:09 pm
by mckay75
I just brewed a saison with it. It's super yeast! I fermented around 20-21C for a little of 2 weeks before transferring to secondary. Started off at 1.062 and finished at 1.002!
Re: Wyeast 3711 French Saison
Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:08 pm
by mr x
Every ferment temp and every mash temp works lol. It just won't stop.
Re: Wyeast 3711 French Saison
Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:16 pm
by Jimmy
mr x wrote:Every ferment temp and every mash temp works lol. It just won't stop.
What about flavour profile at low temp vs high temp? Some of the stuff I'm reading suggests fermenting at low-mid 60's.
Re: Wyeast 3711 French Saison
Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:12 pm
by mr x
Yeah, that's good. It'll work there.
Re: Wyeast 3711 French Saison
Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:14 pm
by jeffsmith
I've used it a few times and fermented mid 60's as well. Was a beast every time.