Page 1 of 1
hop foam during fermentation
Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:58 am
by jabbrro
I still brew beer with kits. I love the barons line of brew kits. A beer I just put down, I got some hops to experiment with and dry hop my brew. After 2 days I noticed a thick foam which looks like the hops. Should I just let it settle on its own or stir it in?
Re: hop foam during fermentation
Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:35 am
by jacinthebox
I let it ride...unless its a large dry hop (like 6oz+), then I gently swirl the carboy to wet the hops (careful to not splash)
Re: hop foam during fermentation
Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:36 pm
by jabbrro
I'd say it might have been about 50 pellets
Re: hop foam during fermentation
Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:45 pm
by joe_r_harvie
next time add the hops after primary fermentation as some of your hop aroma will be lost during primary fermentation. I add dry hops 5 or so days prior to kegging/bottling.
Re: hop foam during fermentation
Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:19 am
by jabbrro
ok thanks, looking to try any advise to finding a great brew :c)