Page 1 of 1

Escarpment yeast

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:34 pm
by CartoonCod
Has anybody brewed with any of their offerings? I seen that Grimross has just brewed a Brett Saison with some yeast form them.

Re: Escarpment yeast

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:44 pm
by RubberToe
I think Jimmy was a beta tester of sorts.

Re: Escarpment yeast

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:41 am
by Lucas
I would like to try that Grimross beer.

Edit: Just checked out the website and the Escarpment lab is only about 40 minutes from my parents' place - cool!

Re: Escarpment yeast

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:02 am
by MitchK
Is there anywhere in Halifax that sells this stuff?

Re: Escarpment yeast

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:54 am
by CartoonCod
As far as I know it is not available in Halifax, but if you do a search for this yeast on this forum some of the folks from the company mentioned they could do group buys for homebrew clubs. Next time I see Dave or at Noble Grape I'll ask about it, and if they are not interested then it might be useful to organize a group buy.

Re: Escarpment yeast

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:39 am
by Jimmy
CartoonCod wrote:As far as I know it is not available in Halifax, but if you do a search for this yeast on this forum some of the folks from the company mentioned they could do group buys for homebrew clubs. Next time I see Dave or at Noble Grape I'll ask about it, and if they are not interested then it might be useful to organize a group buy.
This is correct.

Below is what they told me when I was talking to them back in March 2015:
For homebrewers, we'll likely be using a limited/seasonal release model, where we'll announce the next strain/blend we'll be producing for homebrewers, and then your local homebrew shop will take pre-orders and handle distribution. These strains will tend to be stuff that's more unique or hard to get: bretts, belgian blends, wild yeasts, souring bugs, etc.


Pro brewers will be able to buy large pitches of these strains plus the more traditional Saccharomyces strains.


We'll also give homebrew clubs access to the full strain collection for group buys, so get enough Brewnosers together who want to use the same yeast and we can do up a special batch for you. We haven't figured out what our minimum order number will be yet though.

Re: Escarpment yeast

Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:04 am
by McGruff
Check them out on Facebook or Twitter. I have seen them on there and they were doing brews with local craft breweries.