Page 1 of 1

Has this ever happened to anyone

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:25 pm
by Skippy
So I've been smelling beer in my place for a while now as I've been brewing but it's been about a month since my last batch and the smell is still there. It's been about a week since I've been in my beer room and when I went in the other day to put some bottles away I noticed one of my bottles tipped over so I picked it up and noticed half the bottom of the bottle is missing. Wondering if this happened to anyone else. And it was an ESB which I really like errr

[Image][/img]

Re: Has this ever happened to anyone

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:41 pm
by amartin
I found an exploded bottle in my crawl space once, it must have been a dirty bottle and got infected or something. I've been more careful since then about that.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Has this ever happened to anyone

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:09 am
by jason.loxton
Yup. Happened to me. Probably a flaw in the bottle combined with over carbonation/infection.

Re: Has this ever happened to anyone

Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:05 am
by Keith
I had it happen once with a stout. Needless to say I shortly switched to kegs after that experience