Page 1 of 1

Start to boil to boiling time?

Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:23 pm
by Comforteagle
I'm using a propane kitchen burner & I feels like it takes forever to get my all grain to a boil. 7G boil vol.

Are the banjo burners any faster? :cheers:

Re: Start to boil to boiling time?

Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:26 pm
by amartin
I would guess that banjo burners are probably faster, but I wouldn't think you'd need something that size for 7 gallons. Also, what is a propane kitchen burner? You shouldn't be cooking with propane indoors.

Re: Start to boil to boiling time?

Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:26 pm
by Comforteagle
Theres a kitchen vent.

Re: Start to boil to boiling time?

Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:29 pm
by LeafMan66_67
I'm guessing the propane kitchen burner is part of your propane range / cooktop? If so, banjo burner would probably be faster. What are your times like now?

Re: Start to boil to boiling time?

Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:36 pm
by Comforteagle
LeafMan66_67 wrote:I'm guessing the propane kitchen burner is part of your propane range / cooktop? If so, banjo burner would probably be faster. What are your times like now?
I'm timing it now. I'm at 205 & it's been 46 mins.

Re: Start to boil to boiling time?

Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:40 pm
by LeafMan66_67
I have a Blichman and it's definitely faster than that to go from mash temp to boil, maybe 20 minutes max, with 32L in the pot.


EDIT: The tradeoff is that once you go to a banjo or Blichman style burner, you need to be outside or very well ventilated.

Re: Start to boil to boiling time?

Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:52 pm
by Comforteagle
I'm very grateful for the indoor burner today. Brrrrrr.