Page 1 of 1

Stainless Quick Disconnects

Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:46 am
by Highland Brewer
I'm looking for some stainless quick disconnects (1/2") that are self sealing when disconnected. Anyone have a source?

Re: Stainless Quick Disconnects

Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:20 pm
by jtmwhyte
Is that a thing?

Re: Stainless Quick Disconnects

Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:35 pm
by RossBee
jtmwhyte wrote:Is that a thing?
The female end is. The male end leaks.

:lol:

Re: Stainless Quick Disconnects

Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:40 pm
by jtmwhyte
RossBee wrote:
jtmwhyte wrote:Is that a thing?
The female end is. The male end leaks.

:lol:
Thought so. I'd kill for hoses that seal on both sides when disconnected

Re: Stainless Quick Disconnects

Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:44 pm
by RossBee
There's a patent, the Sphincter hose ends, lol

Re: Stainless Quick Disconnects

Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:12 pm
by Highland Brewer
RossBee wrote:There's a patent, the Sphincter hose ends, lol
They sound like they might have sanitation issues!

Re: Stainless Quick Disconnects

Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:54 pm
by RossBee
Highland Brewer wrote:
RossBee wrote:There's a patent, the Sphincter hose ends, lol
They sound like they might have sanitation issues!
:moon:

Seriously, though, brings up a good point, are hydraulic fittings stainless and, if so, could they be modified with food grade o'rings? Just a thought.

Who has not dumped a bunch of wort or beer on the floor because the fuckin' valve decided to stay open? It should know better, it's been told!!

Re: Stainless Quick Disconnects

Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:16 pm
by Highland Brewer
Actually what I am looking to do is use them for my glycol lines. I am going to run a stainless coil in each of my conicals. Both ends of the coil will pass through the lid, each attached to a HERMS bulkhead fitting including a compression lock, essentially making each coil hang off in lid. On the outside 1/2" male NPT I want to use quick disconnects that won't spill my glycol when the fermentor is ready for a cleaning and I disconnect the lines. You'd think it would be easy peasy to find some.....not at a reasonable price.

Re: Stainless Quick Disconnects

Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:04 pm
by jason.loxton
If you're using them for glycol lines, is there any reason you couldn't just use ball lock keg connections? Sanitation isn't an issue, and they're cheap and should serve your purpose.

Re: Stainless Quick Disconnects

Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:00 pm
by Keggermeister
Hydraulic fittings seal themselves at both ends. Check out Princess Auto. Expect to pay at least $10 each piece though.

Re: Stainless Quick Disconnects

Posted: Thu May 05, 2016 12:02 pm
by Keith
Highland Brewer wrote:I'm looking for some stainless quick disconnects (1/2") that are self sealing when disconnected. Anyone have a source?
Did you ever find anything? I'm looking to setup something similar now.