Antwerp WLP515 Yeast Substitute
Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:05 pm
Hello everyone, I am planning on brewing a Belgian Pale ale sometime soon and have been contemplating loads of different yeast and I really like the sound of WLP515 Antwerp..however its seasonal from Nov-Dec…
Can anyone recommend a good belgian yeast strain that might substitute that? Keep in mind I have no prior experience with WLP515 so I'm just going off reviews. If anyone has experience brewing Belgian Pale Ale's and used a yeast that liked please let me know.
Want to have some pear-orange flavour with a nice spice. But something that backs the malt sweetness.
PS.. Was thinking of using NZ hops in this. Pacifica, Pacific Jade and Gem. Any thoughts?
This is my second attempt at the Belgian style beer so would really love some tips on fermentation temp, pitch rates, and other factors that would cause over exaggerated yeast esters and phenols.
Can anyone recommend a good belgian yeast strain that might substitute that? Keep in mind I have no prior experience with WLP515 so I'm just going off reviews. If anyone has experience brewing Belgian Pale Ale's and used a yeast that liked please let me know.
Want to have some pear-orange flavour with a nice spice. But something that backs the malt sweetness.
PS.. Was thinking of using NZ hops in this. Pacifica, Pacific Jade and Gem. Any thoughts?
This is my second attempt at the Belgian style beer so would really love some tips on fermentation temp, pitch rates, and other factors that would cause over exaggerated yeast esters and phenols.