Page 1 of 1
Co2 Growler
Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:39 am
by Chockpish
Gents,
I'm currently kegging all of my brews and I'd like to be able to bring smaller sized containers to friends and family. I find that hauling a 5 gal corny around [quote][/quote]is too much work. I tried the Blichmann Beer Gun and filled up some bottles, but the whole process seemed excessively time consuming. I'm not entirely convinced about the Beer Gun design either, as I find that the bottled beer still looses to oxidation and tastes much better straight out of the keg.
In shorts, I need a 4 litre sized mini keg, with a Co2 capsule (ideally refillable) and tap that would all nicely fit in a regular refrigerator. Something simple that average Joe can use without my involvement, so I can remain seated and enjoy my own brew.
Any suggestions?
Cheers!!
Re: Co2 Growler
Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:46 am
by Juniper Hill
half-sized (2.5 gallon) kegs are pretty easy to come by.
Re: Co2 Growler
Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:56 am
by RubberToe
I would love a 4 - 8 litre "keg" that could hold pressure suitable for keg carbonating / conditioning. This would be awesome for brewing a bit extra and conditioning with a special ingredient / fruit / vanilla / cocoa. That's what I've been wanting one for anyway.
Re: Co2 Growler
Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:10 am
by Keith
Chockpish wrote:Gents,
I'm currently kegging all of my brews and I'd like to be able to bring smaller sized containers to friends and family. I find that hauling a 5 gal corny around
is too much work. I tried the Blichmann Beer Gun and filled up some bottles, but the whole process seemed excessively time consuming. I'm not entirely convinced about the Beer Gun design either, as I find that the bottled beer still looses to oxidation and tastes much better straight out of the keg.
In shorts, I need a 4 litre sized mini keg, with a Co2 capsule (ideally refillable) and tap that would all nicely fit in a regular refrigerator. Something simple that average Joe can use without my involvement, so I can remain seated and enjoy my own brew.
Any suggestions?
Cheers!!
These IMO would be the way to go. Just so pricy for what you get.
We must have enough smart people here to come up with something.
http://www.beerloved.com/products/drink ... egular-cap" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.beerloved.com/products/drink ... eg-cap-kit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.beerloved.com/collections/ut ... mplete-kit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Re: Co2 Growler
Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:02 am
by RossBee
Purge a growler with CO2?
Re: Co2 Growler
Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:03 pm
by LeafMan66_67
RossBee wrote:Purge a growler with CO2?
That would be my suggestion also - purge with CO2 and fill from tap with a growler filler extension.
Re: Co2 Growler
Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:03 pm
by ottiscan
I've been using 3 of these (one single walled, 2 double walled) for about a year and a half. They have aparently redesigned the top but I haven't seen the new design yet.
They were about $60 each. I picked one up at a brew pub in Shanghai, liked it so much I ordered more. I don't think they have a Canadian distributor yet.
http://www.brew-tek.com.au/drinkfresh-growlers/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Re: Co2 Growler
Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:44 pm
by jason.loxton
This is exactly what you're describing, but you pay a pretty penny for it!
http://www.growlerwerks.com/collections ... ed-growler" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Note: There's a typo on the website: it holds 3785 ml of beer, not 2785 ml.
Re: Co2 Growler
Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:18 pm
by Chockpish
jason.loxton wrote:This is exactly what you're describing, but you pay a pretty penny for it!
http://www.growlerwerks.com/collections ... ed-growler" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Note: There's a typo on the website: it holds 3785 ml of beer, not 2785 ml.
This looks real nice; I wonder what's the price? I also wonder how time consuming would the cleaning/sanitizing be ? The sight gauge is something I'm looking forward to getting rid of on my next brew kettle and mash tun, with the purpose of simplifying and therefore reducing the elbow grease needed to clean these gizmos...
