Page 1 of 1

Hop Rhizome Planting

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:37 pm
by sheanhiggins
Tips/Advice?

I've tried my hand at a single plant a few years ago that never really took (transplant from a friend)
but from what I've been told they should take over like any other weed.
I'm a (fairly) experienced gardener with moderate success, but have little to no experience with rhizome planting in general.

Anyone have any tips/tricks to get them cruising right out of the gate?
I've got a handful coming in from Everwood later this week.

Storage: Get them in right away? If not, keep them in water? wet paper towel?

Any info is appreciated folks.

Re: Hop Rhizome Planting

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:58 pm
by amartin
I think a wet paper towel in a ziplock bag in the fridge is best at this point. Probably only another week or two though before planting time. Do you have a planting spot ready?

Re: Hop Rhizome Planting

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:31 pm
by sheanhiggins
I do. I built a planter box just off of my woodshop originally just for beans, but I was thinking I could run rope from the eaves.
Was hoping to fit in at least 6 plants but it might be tight...
Image