Hop spacing?
Posted: Fri May 27, 2016 10:49 am
I know the standard min. 5 feet between varieties and 2-3 between rhizomes of the same variety that you see all over online, but looking for some first hand experience. I am about to plant a couple dozen rhizomes (late, I know, but the landscaping of my yard has taken me much longer than expected; just happy to get things finally done!). Attached is one photo of where they will be growing (there will be boards running along the tops of those posts, with lines coming down from them). I am also building a 6x16x16 (high) foot trellis, and have raised beds against my house, containers running up to a tree, etc.!
Going to keep to 5 feet for different varieties, but wondering about 2.5 feet for multiples of the same variety. Too close?
Going to keep to 5 feet for different varieties, but wondering about 2.5 feet for multiples of the same variety. Too close?