Propeller Kegs

elreplica
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Don

Propeller Kegs

Post by elreplica » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:31 pm

Man I'm digging Propeller's beer as of late...was ok with the bottles and cans and decided to grab a keg to keep beer flow going until my pipeline filled a bit....well...now grabbing a keg every 7-10 days and you cannot beat their prices along with a fantastic selection. Love the whole keg deal and will rig up a transfer line to drive the beer into my 2.5 gallon cornies for my outdoor igloo cooler kegerator for the upcoming summer.

:banana:
At Bat: several Czech Pils
On Deck: Cream Ale
In the Hole: Kolsch
Clean Up: Tall Ships Ale clones
On tap: Propeller Pils, Festa Cream Ale

Beert
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Bert

Re: Propeller Kegs

Post by Beert » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:38 pm

Cool. I’ve consumed (guzzled)quite a bit of Propeller products up until a couple years ago when I started to brew my own. I think you chimed in on a different post to say they will fill a ball lock keg, correct me if I’m mistaken. Do you know how much they charge for a ball lock of their IPA and if you they can fill it on the spot.
What’s your product of choice?
Cheers!

elreplica
Verified User
Verified User

Post by elreplica » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:13 pm

Beert wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:38 pm
Cool. I’ve consumed (guzzled)quite a bit of Propeller products up until a couple years ago when I started to brew my own. I think you chimed in on a different post to say they will fill a ball lock keg, correct me if I’m mistaken. Do you know how much they charge for a ball lock of their IPA and if you they can fill it on the spot.
Cheers!
My favs are the DIPA and Pils...kegs of Pils are $95/tax in and $100 for the DIPA...$150 deposit on Sanke D keg and no...they don't fill anyone else's - Corny or Sanke - only their own...If you want to play in the commercial beer league and easily tap your ball locks, this is the best way: get a Sanke connector and replace the gas/liquid tails with ball lock posts...keep in mind the contraption will be a tight fit with your kegs...just squeezes into one of my commercial Danby kegerators and I've not tried it on my other yet...here's what it looks like...about $80 tax in from Everwood...
IMG_1255.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Beert
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Bert

Post by Beert » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:19 pm

elreplica wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:13 pm
Beert wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:38 pm
Cheers!
My favs are the DIPA and Pils...kegs of Pils are $95/tax in and $100 for the DIPA...$150 deposit on Sanke D keg and no...they don't fill anyone else's - Corny or Sanke - only their own...If you want to play in the commercial beer league and easily tap your ball locks, this is the best way: get a Sanke connector and replace the gas/liquid tails with ball lock posts...keep in mind the contraption will be a tight fit with your kegs...just squeezes into one of my commercial Danby kegerators and I've not tried it on my other yet...here's what it looks like...about $80 tax in from Everwood...IMG_1255.JPG

Thanks for the info. Maybe I’ll try their Pils next time, decent price for sure.

elreplica
Verified User
Verified User

Post by elreplica » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:24 pm

They've got a good pipeline and recommend ordering 1-2 days ahead...winter and I've had no probs picking up drive bys...would be more diligent in summer for sure...

elreplica
Verified User
Verified User

Post by elreplica » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:33 am

Prices up $10 per keg as of August 2018...still not bad though...

Return to “Propeller Brewing Company”