Half Pints Pro/Am Challenge - Winnipeg Brew Bombers

Past, present, and upcoming competitions, as well as award winners!
Tony L
Award Winner 10
Award Winner 10

Re: Half Pints Pro/Am Challenge - Winnipeg Brew Bombers

Post by Tony L » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:50 pm

Congrats Mark, I knew you had it in you :cheers2:

chalmers
Name: Chris

Post by chalmers » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:24 am

GuingesRock wrote:
GasMD30 wrote:I think Mark needs to post some of his recipes to the database :D
Josh, I've given the recipes to the new brewery that's starting up here in Wolfville next year.
That's unfortunate that you are unable to share the recipes in the database. The spirit of the Brewnosers is sharing and encouragement: whether it be by educating new brewers, or sharing advanced tips with veteran folks. You know, of course, that a recipe is only a part of the equation of the final beer: technique, equipment, brewer, etc, etc.

We have commercial brewers sharing their recipes (and other "secrets"), whether here on the forums (Nash), or in widely-read books (Stone, DFH), and they still manage to constantly innovate and make a living doing so. The only secret beer recipes that I can think of (Stone's Arrogant Bastard, Alchemist's Heady Topper), are secret as part of a game with homebrewers, only spurring them on in the hopes of cloning the beer.

Sorry for the rant, something just struck me as not in the spirit of the Brewnosers, where the knowledge available to the group improves all of our beers, and in turn, improving life for everyone on Earth (eventually).

GuingesRock
Award Winner 20+
Award Winner 20+
Name: Mark

Post by GuingesRock » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:05 am

chalmers wrote:
GuingesRock wrote:
GasMD30 wrote:I think Mark needs to post some of his recipes to the database :D
Josh, I've given the recipes to the new brewery that's starting up here in Wolfville next year.
That's unfortunate that you are unable to share the recipes in the database. The spirit of the Brewnosers is sharing and encouragement: whether it be by educating new brewers, or sharing advanced tips with veteran folks. You know, of course, that a recipe is only a part of the equation of the final beer: technique, equipment, brewer, etc, etc.

We have commercial brewers sharing their recipes (and other "secrets"), whether here on the forums (Nash), or in widely-read books (Stone, DFH), and they still manage to constantly innovate and make a living doing so. The only secret beer recipes that I can think of (Stone's Arrogant Bastard, Alchemist's Heady Topper), are secret as part of a game with homebrewers, only spurring them on in the hopes of cloning the beer.

Sorry for the rant, something just struck me as not in the spirit of the Brewnosers, where the knowledge available to the group improves all of our beers, and in turn, improving life for everyone on Earth (eventually).
Yes I know Chris. I have a big mouth as you know. Every beer I have made is on here and discussed in detail, even with pictures. The Black Gold is there. My latest one which is a mild is discussed in detail. Look up "working Man". Every single beer and process is logged somewhere on this site LOL. I'm surprized people aren't yelling enough, enough already. It is process. The recipe is maybe 10% of the deal I estimate. There is nothing magical about a recipe.
-Mark
2nd place, Canadian Brewer of the Year, 2015
101 awards won for beers designed and brewed.
Cicerone Program - Certified Beer Server

chalmers
Name: Chris

Half Pints Pro/Am Challenge - Winnipeg Brew Bombers

Post by chalmers » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:17 am

GuingesRock wrote:
chalmers wrote:
GuingesRock wrote:

Yes I know Chris. I have a big mouth as you know. Every beer I have made is on here and discussed in detail, even with pictures. The Black Gold is there. My latest one which is a mild is discussed in detail. Look up "working Man". Every single beer and process is logged somewhere on this site LOL. I'm surprized people aren't yelling enough, enough already. It is process. The recipe is maybe 10% of the deal I estimate. There is nothing magical about a recipe.
Sorry, I understood your response as saying you hadn't/wouldn't share the recipe as it was promised to another group, but if you have already shared them, Thanks! :)

And no, we won't tell you to shut up, we all appreciate the knowledge sharing!

Return to “Competitions & Awards”