Great Canadian Homebrew Competition

Past, present, and upcoming competitions, as well as award winners!
GuingesRock
Award Winner 20+
Award Winner 20+
Name: Mark

Great Canadian Homebrew Competition

Post by GuingesRock » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:09 am

Not so "Great" Still no medals, no score sheets, still don't know which beers won medals. I think it's been 6 months, maybe longer ...seems like it.
For interest sake, here is what has been sent to the BJCP

Hi David,

We have deposited none of the cheques that the entrants provided for this competition, and I’ve covered all our expenses out of my pocket.

All of the scoresheets have been scanned, and are ready to be emailed to the entrants. Unfortunately, my life has been such that I have been unable to do this as of yet.

Cheers,

~Andy

On November 20, 2015 at 11:39:20 AM, David Houseman (david.houseman@verizon.net) wrote:

Andy,

The BJCP has received complaints that the judging forms from this competition that you organized have not been returned to the entrants. So what’s up with that? I know that often we get busy and there are delayed but since the competition was June 20, 2015, it’s 5 months today that has expired; that would be been plenty of time for someone in the CABA organization to have mailed out these forms. What should we be telling the entrants? Are they going out or lost or what? Of course this is a PR issue for CABA and this competition going forward. However, I will advise that if these forms are not sent back to the entrants then their full entry fee should be returned to them.

I’m sure you know that providing feedback is a requirement for all sanctioned BJCP competitions. The BJCP is more interested in having these forms delivered to the entrants than sanctioning you and CABA for not adhering to the BJCP rules. However, that might have to be the course of action without some valid reason for these to be withheld from the entrants.

Just let me know what’s up with the judging forms.

Thanks,

David Houseman

BJCP Competition Director
-Mark
2nd place, Canadian Brewer of the Year, 2015
101 awards won for beers designed and brewed.
Cicerone Program - Certified Beer Server

Return to “Competitions & Awards”