Munich, Münster, Stockholm, Amsterdam and London.

Travelling? Discuss the "must visit" beer locations during your trip!
dexter
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Phil

Munich, Münster, Stockholm, Amsterdam and London.

Post by dexter » Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:49 am

Looking for tips and pubs brewery tours and leiderhosen shops any ideas?

darciandjenn
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Jennifer & Darci Shaw

Re: Munich, Münster, Stockholm, Amsterdam and London.

Post by darciandjenn » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:28 am

Amsterdam: Bouwerij 't ij -> Brewery in a Windmill. You pretty much can't get any more Dutch than that. They had some nice stuff when we were there in 2015.

Lucas
Award Winner 1
Award Winner 1
Name: Lucas

Post by Lucas » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:30 pm

Also in Amsterdam, I liked a pub called Arendsnest - it has all Dutch beer, many of which are hard to find in other parts of the world. Many, many taps and very friendly service when I was there. I have some distant family in Amsterdam and I found out (after visiting) that In De Wildemann is a favourite pub of theirs. I didn't get to go personally but it is the favourite of at least one local that is into beer so I'd say it is worth checking out.

There is a great bottle shop in Amsterdam as well called De Bierkoning. It is a pretty small two-floor space that is just jam-packed with beer. I went in and asked for Dutch saisons and the lady that assisted me was very helpful. Took ten minutes to point out all of the Dutch saisons they had (it was probably around a dozen) and explained a little bit about each one and the brewery it came from. I left Amsterdam with a pretty heavy suitcase...

When you are in Amsterdam you will see lots of famous Belgian beers that you will want to try, and you should! But I also encourage you to try as many Dutch beers as you can. I feel like there is a lot of great beer coming out of The Netherlands that is kind of flying under the radar internationally.
Enjoying: Black Sheep (Dark Farmhouse with Brett)
Fermenting: NZ Pale Ale, Orval Clone, Berliner Weisse, Brett APA
Planning: Old Rasputin Clone

CPR
Name: Christopher Reynolds

Post by CPR » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:07 pm

First stop in Stockholm for me would be Omnipollos Hatt, the pub for the brewery Omnipollo. Super ground-breaking brewery with some of the coolest beers, styles, artwork, etc. etc. Oh man. Omnipollos Hatt.

Heading to London myself soon and will definitely be spending a good afternoon or four on the Bermondsey Beer Mile. Partizan, Kernel & BBnO I think are all there, and well worth visiting/drinking.

Return to “Beer Abroad”