Belgium Winter 2015

Travelling? Discuss the "must visit" beer locations during your trip!
I.P.EH
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Adam

Belgium Winter 2015

Post by I.P.EH » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:56 am

I'm heading to Belgium for 2 weeks and wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions for beer bars, bottle shops or breweries I need to check out. Already have visits Cantillon and Drie Fonteinen planned. In terms of beer bars I will definitely be going to Moeder Lambic and Delirium. Any other suggestions would be welcome.

Ruby
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Ruby

Re: Belgium Winter 2015

Post by Ruby » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:18 pm

I spent some time at the air base in Florennes when i was in the RAF. It's a little further south than your other planned visits, but is such a beautiful area. Mainly French speaking.

We used to go into Dinant quite a bit. Dinant is the home of Leffe. I'm not sure if they do tours as i was alone in my love of Belgian beers. When i picked my way through the beer menus, everyone else was happy to drown themselves in Jupiler. I certainly never managed to find enough interest to go on a brewery tour. At the weekends most of us headed to Holland for the.............scenery.

There is an awesome beer bar across the street from the cathedral under the citadel in Dinant (The cathedral and the citadel are both amazing landmarks that should be seen too). The bar is called Le Cafe Des Arts. Ciney is about 15km west from Dinant and Chimay is about 70km east of Dinant. Both have Trappist breweries in the town.

There are a lot of great little bars and restaurants around. Most of them have a bigger beer menu than the food menu. You'll have a great time wherever you end up! :rockin:
Give a man a beer, and he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime.

Return to “Beer Abroad”