Blonde recipe

Need help with a recipe? Have leftover ingredients and don't know what to do with them? Post in here! Any of your "tried & true" recipes can go in the recipe database forum.
JanaM
Name: Jana

Blonde recipe

Post by JanaM » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:08 am

Anyone care to share their best all grain blonde recipe? I brew 5 gal batches... Keep in mind I'm a beginner :cheers:

LiverDance
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Name: Brian

Re: Blonde recipe

Post by LiverDance » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:05 am

Here's mine, it's pretty simple

http://www.brewnosers.org/forums/viewto ... f=57&t=376" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Twenty years ago — a time, by the way, that hops such as Simcoe and Citra were already being developed, but weren’t about to find immediate popularity — there wasn’t a brewer on earth who would have gone to the annual Hop Growers of American convention and said, “I’m going to have a beer that we make 4,000 barrels of, one time a year. It flies off the shelf at damn near $20 a six-pack, and you know what it smells like? It smells like your cat ate your weed and then pissed in the Christmas tree.” - Bell’s Brewery Director of Operations John Mallet on the scent of their popular Hopslam.

mumblecrunch
Award Winner 2
Award Winner 2
Name: Aaron

Post by mumblecrunch » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:22 am

This may be more of a Cream Ale, but if you're looking for something light that BMC drinkers might like, this fits the bill. I've got it on tap right now and it's been really nice to have in this weather.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=120939" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I wouldn't get too hung up on the hop varieties: bitter with what you have handy; I've used both Tettnanger and Hallertauer for aroma and they're both good. I bet Northern Brewer or Mt. Hood or any other European or Americanized European hop would be fine. Heck, a classic American hop like Cascade probably would be too.

For yeast US-05 is fine, but the Cream Ale blend from White Labs (029 I think) is awesome and I'm guessing a Kolsch yeast would be too.

JanaM
Name: Jana

Post by JanaM » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:17 am

Thanks guys!

joe_r_harvie
Name: Joe Harvie

Post by joe_r_harvie » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:18 pm

My tried and true blonde is
4.5 kg 2 row
0.2 kg light crystal or caravienne or honey malt...any light specialty grain
0.2 kg wheat at 150 degrees

20 grams Tettnang at boil
20 grams cascade and irish moss at 45 minutes
60 minutes flameout
28 grams cascade flameout. let steep for 15 mins

pitch with ringwood

very similar to picaroons blonde
Primary - Porter, Standard Bitter
Secondary -
On tap - Golden Ale, Standard Bitter, Blonde, Best Bitter, Premium Bitter, IPA

MitchK
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Mitchell Kehoe

Post by MitchK » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:48 pm

the brulosophy recipe uses wlp029 (kolsch) as the yeast for a blonde and they've never steered me wrong (and having used wlp029 it is a really nice well balanced yeast). I might try a hybrid of sorts between Joe's recipe and the Brulosophy one (2 row base, honey malt, bit of wheat, kolsch yeast, and my own twist - moteuka hops I've been meaning to use)

Should be a nice time of year for it as long as you aren't bottle conditioning (with our luck it'll be cold in a month)

Return to “Recipes”