S'more stout extract help

Need help with a recipe? Have leftover ingredients and don't know what to do with them? Post in here! Any of your "tried & true" recipes can go in the recipe database forum.
ajbosley2015
Name: Adam

S'more stout extract help

Post by ajbosley2015 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:41 pm

I have seen plenty of recipes out there for a smore stout, and I am trying to find one that is an extract recipe with added steeping grains and fermentables. I love High Water Campfire Stout and want to recreate but I don't have the current capabilities to do grain brews with sparging. If I knew how to convert grains to malt extract I would be golden, but I'm not at that level yet.

I have brewed plenty of my own extract brews and want to expand my horizons and hopefully creating my own extract recipes will be my crossover to the greater side.

HELP!

Woody
Award Winner 4
Award Winner 4
Name: Derek

Re: S'more stout extract help

Post by Woody » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:14 pm

http://www.brewnosers.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3471

Check the above out. If your around HRM you could email the recipe to Everwoodavebrewshop and they can convert it for you and decrease the gravity if the Imperial version isn't what your looking for.

ajbosley2015
Name: Adam

Post by ajbosley2015 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:57 pm

Thanks for the help. I got a recipe converted, have all of the supplies, and as soon as I bottle my milk stout this weekend, I am going to schedule my "Campfire Clone extract" brew for Sunday. I will post updates.

Josh_Gump
Name: Josh

Post by Josh_Gump » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:05 am

ive got one on the go right now. i plan on bottling next saturday. due to the quantity of sugar's i used it may have scorched slightly so it may not turn out. my recipe build came from simple brewing on youtube with some added notes of vanilla and coco.

Return to “Recipes”