Simple pineapple wheat

Need help with a recipe? Have leftover ingredients and don't know what to do with them? Post in here! Any of your "tried & true" recipes can go in the recipe database forum.
Bfrail

Simple pineapple wheat

Post by Bfrail » Sat May 05, 2018 6:25 pm

I'm thinking of trying to make a simple wheat ale (extract) with pineapple juice to see if it would work for a bit of flavour. Has anyone else experimented with this? I'm thinking a 1 liter can of pineapple juice thrown in with the wheat ale, probably Coopers with a weizen yeast.

Woody
Award Winner 4
Award Winner 4
Name: Derek

Re: Simple pineapple wheat

Post by Woody » Sat May 05, 2018 9:39 pm

DocksideBrewing
Name: Stew

Re: Simple pineapple wheat

Post by DocksideBrewing » Tue May 08, 2018 10:17 am

Bfrail wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 6:25 pm
I'm thinking of trying to make a simple wheat ale (extract) with pineapple juice to see if it would work for a bit of flavour. Has anyone else experimented with this? I'm thinking a 1 liter can of pineapple juice thrown in with the wheat ale, probably Coopers with a weizen yeast.
I make a Pineapple IPA and it's one of my best! For a 23L batch, I add 48oz (1.5L) of canned pineapple juice @ flameout. Then to enhance the flavour and smell I dry hop and also add 1 freshly diced pineapple for 3 days during the dry hop stage.

Where you are doing a Pineapple wheat, you probably don't need the fresh pineapple, but I would use hops that will help pronounce the pineapple flavour yet not over power it. *I use Citra for mine.

Good luck!

Return to “Recipes”