Keezer Dilema

Talk about your equipment builds/modifications here
wader98
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Wade

Keezer Dilema

Post by wader98 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:39 pm

After installing my keezer into my bar i realized the keezer is too small for 2 kegs and was looking for some advise. As you can see in the first picture there is a small hump on the left hand side. From the hump to the freezer door is 23 inches so a pin lock fits fine without the disconnects.. The cut out where the keg sits now is 10 inches wide, 16.5 inches deep and 32.5 inches high. I thought 2 kegs would fit in that cut out but it's not deep enough. Never measured the inside of the freezer...just assumed everything would fit cause it's a freezer.
Option 1 : Buy 2 Ball lock kegs (as they aren't as wide) and somehow to try to fit them both in the cut out section (maybe bang the shit of the inside freezer so 2nd keg would fit)
Option 2 : Buy another pin lock and somehow cut out part of the inside freezer door where the disconnects would go.
Option 3 : Buy a 3 Gallon keg to sit on the hump on the left hand side without any modifications

Suggestions?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mthibodeau
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Marc Thibodeau

Re: Keezer Dilema

Post by mthibodeau » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:04 pm

I think you can get low profile pin lock Dis connects, can't remember where I saw it, but probably online somewhere

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Edit found some http://www.chicompany.net/index.php?mai ... d7009ff005" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kegged:
Bottled: Chocolate Orange Stout, Barkshack Sparkling Ginger Mead, Cherry Berliner
Fermenting: Fruit (havent decided yet) Lambic
Considering: Imperial Chocolate Raspberry Stout, Fir Tip Ale

jason.loxton
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Jason Loxton

Post by jason.loxton » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:30 pm

Why not just add a keezer collar to the freezer, and then elevate the frame slightly to compensate for the additional height of the freezer? Will require a bit more wood, but no new equip and won't require smashing or cutting your freezer! :)

https://www.google.ca/search?q=keezer+c ... 66&bih=613" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

wader98
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Wade

Post by wader98 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:43 pm

it has a collar on it already but i guess i could look at modifying it.

jason.loxton
Verified User
Verified User

Post by jason.loxton » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:20 pm

Ah, yeah, I see that in the photo. Still think that's you easiest route.

If money isn't an issue, you could also invest in some of the smaller kegs. They're pricey though.

jason.loxton
Verified User
Verified User

Post by jason.loxton » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:21 pm

Aside: That's a sweet bar!!!

Return to “DIY - Do It Yourself”